ch. 0 - initiation II

Começar do início

Ruby stopped for a moment, and thought, "The... southern forest temple."

"South?" I asked. I looked up at the sun. It was about noon now, so I began to walk in the direction of it. "Follow me. You say south, we're heading south, Miss Rose." As we walked, I kept my hand on my weapon.

But it seemed as if the forest was making way for us.

"That's weird. There's no Grimm. Not one," said Ruby, who had her weapon out and looked around at the trees. Weiss nodded. "I find this strange too."

Soon enough, they had reached a clearing, and in the center stood a set of pillars where there were chess pieces. "Is this the place you were looking for?"

Ruby and Weiss nodded. "This is it! Thanks, um... uh..." Ruby stutters. "What is it, Miss Rose?"

"I... never asked for your name?"

"Ah. Forgive me for my rudeness. Call me... Pinnochio."

"Pinnochio... is that it?" Weiss asks. I nod. I never did figure out what Father's last name was, so this name would have to do. Then directly to our right, a branch cracks underneath a foot. I send my grappling hook into the bush. "I'm going. You two collect whatever you need."

It impacts a tree, and I reel it in, sending me forward and into the brush. I impact a blonde woman and knock her to the ground. "AGH HEY WHAT'S THE BIG IDEA?!" She shouts in clear annoyance as I straddle her and place the tip of my saber over her throat. I look up and see a black-haired woman with a bowtie on her head point her weapon at me.

"Make a move and she dies," I say. The blonde grits her teeth and I see her lilac eyes turn crimson red. "You better get me off me now, pretty boy, or you won't like what happens next." Her partner keeps the weapon trained on me. Based on her clothing, she must specialize in infiltration and stealth attacks. Not the best type of fighting style when faced with me.

In response, I push the tip further, until it begins to ooze a small bit of blood. Then her golden blonde hair begins to literally catch fire, burning the grass around her. I do not falter.

"YANG! PINOCCHIO GET OFF HER SHE'S A FRIEND!" I hear Ruby shout in worry, and I immediately get off her. I go to pull out my grappling hook that had embedded itself in the tree behind the blonde, but... "You bastard!" I hear the blonde get up and throw a punch. Her partner had sheathed her weapon and decided not to get involved.

Her gauntlets... I saw barrels peaking out. I move to the side, avoiding the explosive pellets. I turn to see the damage done. The tree trunk that was hit was easily blown to pieces.

The design was simple, ingenious and brutally effective. Once this was all over, I would have design something like that.

"I am going to beat the absolute hell out of you, pretty boy!" The blonde shouted, and then Ruby got in her way. "Yang calm down! He didn't mean it!"

"What do you mean he didn't mean it, sis?!"

"We just got out of a Beowulf ambush. He is just on edge is all... I'll explain everything when this is over. For now, Pinnochio, this is Yang, my sister. Yang, this is Pinnochio, my friend. Apologize now," Ruby said with force. I nod. I was in the wrong anyhow. I realized that fact the moment Ruby mentioned the blonde-- Yang was her sister.

"Apologies, Miss Yang, for attacking you out of the blue."

"Don't expect me to forgive you immediately, Pinnochio," she said my name with spite.

"What can I do so you may forgive me?" I ask straightforwardly. She smirks, and with full confidence, "Maybe I'll forgive you if you take off your clothes." Her partner's eyes go wide. "Um Yang I don't think he's going to go for it-- what the Hell."