05 | No Control

The first date wasn't that bad for Ryujin.

Well, maybe a little awkward, but still great.

She was nervous as heck. She doesn't know why she feels like that whenever she's with Yeji. It's like she's afraid that in one wrong move, she would lose the new found friendship that they created. 

She's a chill person, but with Yeji? She's different, and she's not liking it. 

It's not like the older girl was trying to intimidate her. In fact, Yeji was all smiles that night. Ryujin would crack her dad jokes and Yeji would laugh at her as if they were the funniest jokes she has ever heard. 

Ryujin also realized that she likes hearing Yeji's laugh. 

But still,

'Why am I so nervous?!'

Knowing Ryujin, her curiosity about things always drives her crazy when it's not answered, and this situation is not an exception. 

She wants to know if something has shifted with the way she acts with the girls, or is it just because of Hwang Yeji.

Yeah, That was kind of a stupid curiosity to even think about.

But she really wants to know!

"Hey," Ryujin spoke as she sat beside a girl.

The girl who had her head down while reading a book, looked up to see who greeted her. "Monkey."

Aside from her sister, there's also another one who calls her monkey.

Lee Chaeyoung, or much more known as Isa. 

"How are you?"

"I'm fine," Isa smiled. "You?"

"Doing great."

Isa is, well…

She's not a friend. 

Ryujin can't really explain it clearly, for she herself doesn't know what their status is. 

Isa is not a friend.

She's definitely not her girlfriend either.

They don't have feelings for each other.

Well, at least Ryujin doesn't. 

She can't say the same for the girl beside her. 

"You shouldn't be roaming around at night, Ms. Shin." Isa scolded, but there's a hint of teasing in her tone. 

They are currently inside a public library. Isa usually goes here to read and borrow some books, while Ryujin goes here because it's peaceful and because...why not?

"But you're here also."

"I'm always here."

Ryujin chuckled. "No one will scold me."

"You know I could tell this to your Mom, right?"

"You could," Ryujin looked at her with a sly smirk plastered on her face. She leaned closer and whispered, "But you won't, right?"

Isa gulped, pushing Ryujin's face away from her. "S-shut up."

Ryujin laughed.

There it is,

The flirty side of her. 

She still gets it. She can still do it. Nothing has changed with her behavior.