03 | Above Anyone Else

Ryujin: She's eating.

Yeji: Ryujin, you don't have to tell me everything…

Ryujin scratched her head in confusion before typing. 

Ryujin: I don't know what else I'm supposed to tell you. Sorry. But as of now, she's doing nothing but eating.

And sent. 

Ryujin puts down her phone on the table. She watched her friends eat their lunch while hers was already finished. 

"What do you plan on doing after class?" She started the conversation, trying to gain her friend's attention. 

"I'll go home. Family business." Minju answered shortly. 

"Gigi and I will hangout later." Ningning said, while the Japanese girl nodded.

"You two hangout a lot lately." Ryujin responded. 

Giselle cleared her throat. "W-we're friends, there's nothing wrong with that."

'Friends...I doubt.' Ryujin thought.

She has never said it out loud, but whenever she looks at Ningning and Giselle, she always thinks about how compatible they are to each other. They almost have the same interest in everything. The only difference they have is that Giselle can manage her emotions better than Ningning. Which is already obvious, given the fact that Ningning lashed out when she heard about Karina and Winter's situation. 

She wonders if the two have thought about liking each other. Even just for once. 

"I'll go home. I have nothing to do." Karina answered, bringing Ryujin back to reality. 

"Wanna hangout with me?"

"Where are we going to go?"

"I don't know. Wherever you want." Ryujin shrugged. "We can go to the mall, if you like."

Karina was silent for a few seconds before she answered. "Okay."

"Cool!"

Ryujin might not care for the happenings around her most of the time, but she does care for the people that are close to her. Karina will lock herself in her room again for the rest of the day and Ryujin doesn't want that. The girl has been doing that for a week straight already.

Except when Sunghoon is there to annoy her. 

That man...Ryujin doesn't know why he keeps annoying Karina. It didn't really matter that much to her until Yeji said that she should keep Karina away from that guy as much as possible. 

Ryujin, for the second time, still doesn't know why.

But it's hard to say no.

She agreed, anyway. 

She'll trust Yeji with this one. 

____

Ryujin: She's going to a party. All of us.

Yeji: Okay, I'll send Lucas there.

Ryujin: I'm still not sure why we're doing this…

Yeji: You don't need to know for now. Just do what I say and you'll get a date with me. 

It seems like a reward.

Well, it is a reward. 

But she doesn't mind. Hwang Yeji gave the offer, who is she to decline that?