08

Gulf put the bowl on the bedside table and turned at Mew. "How are you feeling now?," He asked him.

"I'm feeling better. Thanks," Mew said to him with a smile. Gulf just nod and gave him his meds. Mew didn't spoke anything and just drink it. Mew, then gave the glass that is now empty to Gulf. He put it on the bedside table beside the bowl.

Gulf move near him and put the back of his palm on his neck to check if he's temperature is still high. "Good thing it's already start to get low," Gulf mumbled. Then he already arrange everything and stood up.

"Just call me if you need anything boss," Mew just nodded so Gulf turned his back and closed the door after he go out.

Mew just stared at the door where Gulf go out. He just rub his face using both of his hands while sighing. The reason why he was burning hot in fever because of the fucking rain yesterday. He forgot to bring his umbrella. He went home last night and Gulf was already sleeping that time.

Instead of taking a bath and change his clothes, Mew head to the kitchen to get some beer. He probably had drink so much. He just want something to refresh his mind.

Because a certain person is starting to invade his mind and so as his poor heart. They just met last two weeks and now, he already can't get him off of his mind. When he still didn't hire Gulf, he will just come home here like 3 to 4 times a year. And now, he's here again after he come home last week.

I won't be shock if someday I'll prefer to live here.

He just buy these house because his mom is pestering him and tell him to have someone in his life. But Mew is too busy to find someone and besides, he can't just pick someone to be his girlfriend or whatever. He's not into it right now.

He just don't know now.

Because Gulf is always in his mind now. He couldn't stop thinking about him even how hard he try.

And he was actually thankful for Gulf for being here, because he might died because of fever if ever he's alone here. After sometime, an idea came up in Mew's mind.

Would he accept my offer if i ask him to go out with me?

Well, it's a date, a friendly date. Mew just sigh and hide under the duvet. He's thinking how will he ask him. And also silently hoping that Gulf will agree.

~

It's been 4 days and Mew is finally okay. Today is Saturday and Gulf is on the house, doing household chores. Mew just woke up and he just went to the bathroom to brush his teeth and fix his hair. He then went downstairs and he just chuckled inwardly at what he saw.

It's Gulf, and he's using the broom as a microphone as he sings like he's on a concert. Mew move his body a little to the aide where Gulf wouldn't notice him as he keeps watching Gulf reaching the high notes but ended up choking. Mew couldn't held it anymore and laugh loudly, causing Gulf to startle. He looks at the stairs to find Mew watching him. He's eyes widened and he immediately run to the kitchen while his whole face is beet red because of embarrassment.

Mew followed him and held his arm. He lightly pull it to look at him. Mew has an amused expression on his face and Gulf just cover his face with his hand. He felt so embarrassed right now. Why do i think of having a concert in this house?! Gulf wants to laugh at his own thoughts but he also want to smack himself.

"Why are you hiding your face?," Mew asked him. Gulf just looked away while his hand is still on his face. Mew supressed a laugh when he remembered what he witness earlier. Gulf peeked his eyes between his fingers and he saw Mew supressing a laugh. "Stop laughing!!," Gulf whined. Hearing it, Mew burst into fits laugh and mess Mew's hair. He do it mostly to his siblings especially when they're being adorable. And Gulf was the first person that he find adorable.

"How long will you cover your face huh?," Mew asked and tried to take Gulf's hand but he shook his hand to pry away Mew's hand. Mew just sigh and put his hand on his waist and just look at Gulf.

After sometime, Gulf slowly took his hands off. He's still embarrassed but not like earlier. But he can't look at his eyes. "D-Do you need anything?," Gulf asked him.

"Yes,"

"Wha—,"

"I need you to reach the high notes of the song you sing earlier,"

"Boss!!," Gulf stomped his feet on the ground like a kid. Mew just chukled. "J-Just forget it." Gulf grunted. "That's so embarrassing,"

"It's not. You sing well," Mew teased. Gulf gave him a tiny glare but Mew just chuckled more. Gulf looks like a mad kitten. "Gulf," Mew called him.

"What?," Gulf mumbled lowly.

"Coffee?," Mew asked. Gulf's head snapped to look at Mew. "What?,"

"I'm asking you to have coffee with me," Mew finally said.

"Oh,"

"Yeah. So? Wanna come with me?," Mew asked. Gulf but his lower lip while roaming his eyes everywhere. Sometimes he would look at Mew but he'll immediately look away. "Gulf?," Mew noticed Gulf is uneasy. "Is their any problem?,"

"N-No. I-It's just that.." Gulf scratch the his nape.

"That?,"

He sheepishly chuckled. "I-I don't really d-drink coffee," he explained.

"Oh," Mew sighed in relief. He thought Gulf would decline. "That okay,"

"Huh?,"

"I don't drink coffee too," Mew chuckled. Gulf chuckled along with him. "Then why inviting me for a coffee then?,"

"I thought you liked to drink coffee so.." Mew just shrugged. "So what do you want to do?,"

Gulf's brows furrowed. "You don't have a work today boss?," Gulf asked.

Mew shook his head. "No,"

"Oh. Then you have to rest."

"I want to spend time with you,"

That word attacked Gulf's heart. "H-Huh?," He think his mind lagged. "W-What to you mean.. boss?,"

"Drop the boss. I won't allow you to call me boss today. Call me by my name," Mew demanded. Gulf stay stilled when Mew suddenly went near him. His face is getting near his face too.

"B-Bo—," he noticed Mew's expression became serious so he cleared his throat. "I-I mean M-Mew. U-Uh what are you doing?,"

"Why, are you uncomfortable?," Mew's breath smells mint. 

Is he feeling uncomfortable? No. He's not, but he's feeling shy and his inner self is currently dealing to his poor heart that is near to burst from his chest. It's beating damn fast. God, why do i need to have a handsome and hot boss at the same time?

"I-I'm not." Gulf said honestly. Mew just clicked his tongue and stood straight. "Go and change. We'll go somewhere," Mew said to him before turning his back and start walking upstairs.

"W-Where?!!," Gulf tried to ask. Mew turned at him but instead of an answer, he received a wink. A wink that nearly took his breath away.

When Mew is now upstairs. Gulf put the broom back to where he get it with a big smile on his face. He won't deny the fact that he had a huge crush to his boss even though they just met like last last week.

Gulf just drink water from the fridge and he didn't finish it all because it was so cold. He put back the container inside the fridge and throw the water on the sink. Then he went to his room to get ready.

———
Don't forget to vote and tell me how it is. Happy Chinese New Year, everyone ❤️

Get well soon dadi Mew❤️🥺