He knew he had an amazing set of parents who respected their kids' choices but his heart pained knowing, Neha had parents who perhaps, did not allow her to date and make choices for her life partners.

"Didn't you reject me because I am elder to you by seven and half years?" He wanted to ask but he decided to let her speak once. He wanted her to pout her heart out, for once.

"When I met Vimal, I was involuntarily comparing you with him and that's when I realized my feelings for you." Arjun smirked as he heard Neha saying this. Neha had butterflies in her stomach. A shiver had ran down her spine as she had gathered all her courage to say this.

She bit her lip anxiously, as she said, "Arjun, my family would never approve you because love is dishonorable to them".

"When your parents invited to me on the lunch, I wanted to apologize and tell you that I wanted you as a friend but still, dating was a foreign concept at my house and I lacked guts to oppose my parents." She finally said, letting go off her inhibitions.

Arjun's smile faltered. He felt ashamed for judging her, ignoring her, avoiding her and blocking her up. He was ready to be a friend if that was what she wanted.

"Your mother showered me with love and I was overwhelmed. She opened my eyes and gave me the courage to accept my feelings and confess them to you." She finally told but Arjun was confused.

"You were still being, ignorant. You blocked me up today, disrespecting my self-respect and I decided that I cannot face you anymore. I applied for the transfer because I felt bad, each time, you ignored me." She finally told him confidently, not crying anymore. She was now seated on the sofa with her legs crossed, facing him.

"I am so sorry, Neha. I am really sorry to have hurt you, disrespected you and mistreated you." Arjun confessed with utmost genuineness, looking at her with many emotions in his eyes. He wanted to tell that he was heartbroken too, but he let it slide for now. He could fathom Neha's reasons for rejecting his proposal and he respected that.

"I will talk with Mr. Sinha to cancel your transfer request. If next time, I would act stupidly, you can beat me, right!" He chuckled and Neha smiled too.

"Arjun, I want to confess something", Neha finally said, with a shy smile playing on her lips, her heart thumping loudly, as she anxiously bit her lips, afraid of his reply.

Arjun, on the other hand, nodded, encouraging her to speak, tearing up his gaze from her lips. Her mere act of biting them, was creating a havoc inside him.

••••••••••••♥️••••••••••••

Hello everyone

So this is an update, really close to my heart. 💕

This was the chapter I had envisioned when I began writing this story. 🙈

Unlike my other female protagonists, Neha is someone craving for love, validation and acknowledgement. I wanted her to weep holding Arjun and pour her heart out! 😅

I hope you liked this.🙈

This chapter is 1900+ words, I am so sorry, the cliffhanger is still there but I am sure, you gonna, love the upcoming chapter where I guess, Neha would confess. 🤣

Also, I have few announcements to make,

A. There is an exam, this Sunday, so I am not sure of Saturday's update, though, I will definitely try. If not Saturday, I will update on this Sunday night, I promise! 🙃

B. If you want to read what's happening in Grace's life, because she is in another roller-coaster, do try, THE LOVE QUEST on Libri.😅 *shameless promotions 🤣*

C. I have shortlisted a prompt on ONC 2022 and I guess, I will give it a shot too. Though I am not sure, yet, but I will try writing a novella and I hope, you gonna enjoy it too.😉

With immense love, I sign off only to be back soon💜