Confessions 💕

Beginne am Anfang

Arjun, belonged to an open-minded family. His father had pushed his mother to have a career because his mother loved teaching. After her PhD, Mrinalini had got a job in the University of Mumbai while Ajay had frequent transfers, owing to his job in army. Never had Ajay asked Mrinalini to accompany her on his postings because he respected that Mrinalini was a professor and her students needed her.

Arjun was surprised to see a woman wailing in his arms because he had asked her to reconsider her transfer application. He would have never done that if she was not passionate enough, but despite, her zeal, he could not understand why she was adamant to take the transfer even before her marriage. Why could she simply not reject a guy?

Now everything made sense to him. He realized her family was conservative enough to force her into a marriage with Vimal who wanted her to take transfer to Chennai and put her career on stake. He realized the reason of her tears when she had rejected some guy at the restaurant where he had been with Radha and her family. He could fathom her loneliness as he realized that her parents were forcing her to get married with the man of their choice.

He could understand the reason behind her gloomy face and her adamancy to ensure that no one pinpointed at her character. He was now able to fathom why she had reacted hysterically upon hearing Pawan's remarks. He was ready to stand with her supporting every choice of hers only if, she was ready to give him a chance.

He could not see her wailing senselessly like this. He knew he had to make a choice for her, just today. "Neha, you need to be concerned for your job. Learn to make choices for yourself without giving a damn about others." He whispered, still caressing her back.

"Yes", he heard her saying meekly. "Now, you will be calling Vimal and telling him that you are in for a long distanced relationship for two years. You can take some leaves, right, but you will not take a transfer." He suggested while his heart pained to imagine his Sneha getting married to someone else.

"Arjun", she wept again. "I had already rejected Vimal when I had met him last to last Saturday", she finally confessed, still crying. However, she tried to free herself from his grip now, for she realized that she had been stupidly clinging to him, all this while. A blush crept on her cheeks as her ears turned pink in embarrassment. She could not be this vulnerable before the man, who had blocked her up on WhatsApp. She was annoyed at herself.

Arjun was astonished. Why had she being lying all this while? He thought. "She was trying to make you jealous, idiot!" His heart chirped and he was clueless about his reaction. "Why is she running away from me?" He asked himself and freed her from his grip.

Closing her eyes in despair, she was ready to confess the truth now. She had no option left, especially after, displaying her vulnerability to him. He surely had a choice to push her away, she thought. There was no going back, after all, her backup was ready. She could take up a transfer anytime if she was not ready to face him after today.

"That night, during the dinner, when you had expressed your wish to date me, I was confused", Neha finally told the truth.

"Arjun, I come from a very conservative family where dating is not a concept. I have never dated someone. I was confused and I had no answer to your question." Her cheek turned to the highest shade of pink as she confessed this and Arjun looked at her amusingly. Sans her tears, she looked cute.

His heart was overjoyed as he had a gut feeling that she was going to accept him but his brain was still warning him, "Arjun, you cannot manipulate her and force her to like you".

"Before I could speak, my mother had called me up and that call was an eye-opener. That call reminded me that my parents would never approve whatever I was doing, that dating, that dinner, you and me, everything!" A tear crept from her eye as she spoke. Arjun could understand her trauma. He knew not everyone was as lucky as him or Radha.