As Ginny left, she couldn't help but to think about it.

_._._._._._._

"Do I have to?"

"It would be nice if you did." Ginny said, screwing up her face into what she knew would make him say yes.

Draco sighed, why did she have to make that depraved angel face again? "I really don't want to go to your brother's birthday –"

Ginny frowned and looked up at Draco imploringly. Draco shut his eyes, then opened them and smirked. "Right then, you owe me."

Ginny brightened visibly. "What?"

"Kiss me."

Ginny rolled her eyes. "Don't you always, you greedy glutton."

"Only for you, Ginevra." Draco smirked. "Do your best."

Ginny had to step onto her tiptoes to reach up to Draco, hands on his shoulders, then lightly brushed his lips with hers and started to pull away. Draco groaned, "You're not getting away with that" and wrapped his arms around her waist, pulling her closer. What began as an innocent kiss became so heated that Ginny felt her thighs hit the end of Draco's bed and they toppled over, still pressed against each other. Draco ran his lips down Ginny's neck.

Ginny's head swam. She trembled. Thoughts flew by. She couldn't do this. It was too fast.

Flying.

Molten silver.

Heat.

It was too intense. Ginny pulled away, pushing her hands into Draco's hard chest. His eyes were dark silver that she had never seen before, a dark pool of swirling mist.

"I'm sor –"

She started to say. Draco shook his head, his rumpled hair standing on end, his eyes returning to their original grey.

They sat there. Ginny straightened her blouse and got up. "I'll just – I'll just go then."

Draco could only nod.

Later that night, Draco had lain in bed, staring up at the ceiling. They had both wanted it. He could still feel her, still feel the magic, and still feel the passion.

What had made her suddenly turn aside?

He thought, and couldn't think of any reason except that perhaps it was too much for her. Or was it something else, something more sinister?

Am I really the one for her?

_._._._._._

The sandy haired young man held a suitcase as he waited in line at the airport, ignoring the come hither looks of the women around him. He pulled out a creased and rumpled newspaper that had obviously spent too much time in his pocket.

If anyone had looked closer they would have noticed that the snow in the picture was gently falling, even though the entwined couple did not move, and that the date was more than a week ago. The man sighed and thought how hard it was to get away from Ireland during spring training.

But he would get away. He had to return to England and stop this nonsense. He stepped forward to buy his ticket.

_._._._._._._

"Happy birthday dear Ron, Happy Birthday to you!" chorused the Weasley family.

Ron blew out many candles, saying afterwards, "I'm getting too old for this," and Hermione kissed his cheek.

"You're never going to be too old," protested Ginny. "Even Bill still blows out his candles." She laughed at Bill's indignant face.

Draco, staring at the birthday cake being cut, wondered for the millionth how different his life was. There was never such boisterous singing, blowing of too many candles to count, or even the warmth that everyone radiated.