35

I smiled at the floating child. Suddenly I felt a cold shiver go down my spine. I hugged myself as I looked at the window.

Paimon followed my gaze before stopping at the window. She looked back at me, worried.

"Lumine, are you ok?" She held my face as I looked at her. I smiled before putting my hand on hers.

"I'm ok."

She nodded slowly before letting go of my face. "Well it's getting dark! Let's head to bed." She quickly changed the subject before launching herself onto the bed.

I nodded before thinking of the balcony.

"You go ahead, I wish to look at something first." Paimon nodded quickly as I left to the balcony.

I rested my arms on the railing before leaning my weight onto them. I smiled as I looked at two stars shining brightly.

Suddenly, I felt a blanket draped over my shoulder. I looked back to see Xiao beside me.

"Xiao?"

"You'll catch a cold. Then I'll be the one having to take care of you... again." He sighed before looking at the stars with me.

I held the blankets in my hands as I laughed. He looked at me. I looked away as I tried to cover my laugh with a cough.

He furrowed his eyebrows before rolling his eyes. I moved closer to him before draping the blanket over him as well.

"We can't risk you having a cold either." I giggled as he looked away with a red face.

"The adeptus are not fragile like mere humans." He stated before staring at the lake below.

I looked as well before looking at his hand on the railing. I gently rested my handed on his with a frown on my face.

He looked at my hand before looking at me.

"You think I'm fragile?.." I whispered. I gently rested my head against his shoulder as he stayed quiet. My eyes widened when he turned his hand over and interlocked out hands.

I looked up as him quickly. He was already looking at me.

"Maybe not all humans are fragile.." He whispered back. I smiled weakly as his grip tightened around my hand.