𝐲𝐞𝐚𝐫 𝟕 - 𝟐

The morning of the wedding dawned bright, brighter than it seemed it should be with the death of Moody still hanging over everyone. Still, I couldn't deny my excitement to get dressed up with Hermione and Ginny. It felt like the Yule Ball all over again, and everyone needed a distraction.

Especially Potter, Hermione, Weasley and I, who had more than just the Order to worry about. We also had our unspoken plan to hunt for Horcruxes after this wedding, and I knew that it might be the last time we would truly enjoy ourselves for a while. 

Really the main reason it was unspoken was because Mrs. Weasley had kept everyone extremely busy with preparations that ranged from matching ribbons for the bouquets on the tables to ironing napkins and tablecloths. She obviously suspected something, but just didn't exactly know what.

So when Hermione, Ginny and I walked into our room to see three gorgeous dresses laid out on our beds, chosen by Fleur of course, I couldn't help the excited smile that appeared on my face. Hermione's dress was a gorgeous red color with a v-neck that I knew only Fleur would approve of at her wedding. Ginny's bridesmaid dress was pale gold, the same as Fleur's little sister Gabrielle's, and only slightly clinched at the waist before ending in a long, flowy cut.

My dress was deep blue, almost navy, and was longer but tight-fitting. It reached just above my knees, and when I slipped it on I was pleasantly surprised with how comfortable the silk fabric felt against my skin. It made my pale grey eyes more bright and blue, and went beautifully with my fair hair.

The three of us girls talked and laughed like we were back at Hogwarts, and Mrs. Delacour even did our makeup. The Delacour's had come to stay a few days ago, meaning the house was even more crammed than usual. I did love Fleur's father and mother though, and it was fun having Gabrielle around. She was much more talkative than I remembered.

As I finished touching up my hair and slid my shoes on, I reached back to do my zipper. After what seemed like forever of uselessly trying to grasp for the minuscule piece of metal, I concluded that my arms were in fact not long enough like Hermione had predicted. 

"Hermione!" I shouted as I made my way down the stairs. "I was lying, I really do need your help..." Then I gasped as I turned my head around just in time to see the body I slammed into.

Potter laughed as I pulled away from him with pink cheeks. He was wearing plain black dress robes and a crisp white undershirt. I noticed immediately that his tie was the same color as my dress, and I smiled as I thought of Fleur. 

"Sorry," I apologized sheepishly. "But since you're here, could you zipper me?"

"Sure," he said, amused, and I turned around. I shivered when I felt his hands brush against the bare skin on my back, and we stood in antagonizing silence as he slowly pulled my dress closed. When I looked back at him again, his face was flushed like he was the one who had just barreled into me.

I don't know who leaned in first, but suddenly Potter was kissing me.

We spun around, and I put one hand on the counter behind me while the other rested against the back of his neck. He was holding my waist, and the feathery silk of the dress shifted against my skin. My stomach soared and my chest exploded as the overwhelming feeling that came whenever I kissed him washed over me.

Then there was the sound of clinking porcelain behind us, and someone drawled "Mooorning."

Potter and I broke apart, and I looked over my shoulder in bewilderment. George was standing there, holding a mug of coffee and wearing a humored smile on his face. He had a bandage wrapped all the way around his head, and the weight where his ear normally was had been replaced with a toothbrush.