We All Make Mistakes

Synopsis: Harry finds himself lucky as his new neighbour is sweet enough to baby sit his daughter

Word count: 12k+

TW ⚠️: mentions of death and loss of loved one, mentions of anxiety and depression. Mentions of child loss. Mentions of pretty big age gap between Harry and YN. If of this bothers you please do not read this. And remember my DMs are always open if anyone wants to talk and vent. <3

It was never easy to be a parent

It was never easy to be a parent. Especially a single parent.

It's been about eight months Shyloh was born and Harry still finds it difficult to have a tiny human depended upon him. He would not want the other way even in his dreams, the exhaustion, smelling like poop, pee and puke and baby formula, sleepless nights and having play rave nights with the little angel, it all seemed to be worth it to see the little dimply smile appearing on her pretty face and hear her squeal.

It was very difficult from the very beginning for Harry though, his boss was nice enough let him work from home for the first four months and he was allowed to take his baby to work, they had dedicated day care at their office for working parents. Harry was able to go see her whenever he wanted and whenever he could. As Shyloh was getting bigger, she no longer just had her formula and played with herself and went to sleep, no, no, she was needing more attention now. Harry never hated even a single moment he spent playing with her but it was nice to get some rest for himself.

It would have been so much more easier if her mum would have decided to stick around and not abandon him and their daughter, but he couldn't force her to stay when she never wanted to.

Harry and his wife were together for eight years and married for six out of those eight. Their pregnancy wasn't planned but Harry couldn't be happier with the news that he is going to be a dad, have a family with someone who he loved so much. But his wife wasn't happy at all.

Harry still till this day did not know why she went on with the pregnancy if she wanted to just up and ditch, well, it kind of did turned out she has been cheating on him for years. He still believed the baby was his, told her it was her body and he would be there by her side no matter what her decision would be, but she still went through everything never making him the part of any of the doctor's appointments. He was lucky enough, he thought that she let him be in the labour and delivery room and witness his first child being born.

He was extremely heart broken that she never even wanted to see their daughter's face, as soon as she was given the green flag from her doctor she just left. Last time he saw her was month after in court to get a divorce, and had their properties divided according their individual investments. They had a child involved and upon the DNA testing it was proved that Shyloh was actually his daughter and his ex-wife did not wanted to have to do anything with him or the little girl. It was very hard for him to process everything, be there for Shyloh and continue work so he can provide for his baby. He own another flat where he moved when things started going bad with his ex-wife, and now he lives there with his daughter