Chapter 1

~3rd POV~

"So we just go in and map a few corridors ok?" Owen asked the younger male next to him.

"Ok! Let's go!" Oeca yelled while jumping around with a knife.

"We need 1 more person though..." Owen began before trailing off.

"Hey what are you guys up to?" Magic asked appearing from behind a tree, clearly startling the older male.

"Oh we were just discussing going into the maze-" Oeca began talking before being swiftly cut off.

"Even after what happened last time?" Magic asked clearly concerned.

"We're just going in to map some stuff and we'll be out before sun down." Owen butted in, reminding the others that he was there.

"Oh ok... so who's your 3rd member?" Magic asked.

"Oh we don't have one yet-" Owen started.

"You can be our 3rd." Oeca stated before walking off towards the 1st gate.

"I guess that's happening now-" Owen laughed.

"Yeah I guess, didn't have anything planned anyway." Magic joked while they walked over to the 1st gate to meet Oeca there.

"Now we just wait for the sun to rise. It should be up soon." Owen stated once they were all standing in front of the gate, he tightly held a small golden clock in his hand.

~Time Skip~
-Inside The Maze-

"So just this last corridor then we can head back." Owen stated while walking over to the corridor.

"You sure we'll be back before the time the gate closes?" Magic asked, clearly uneasy by how long they've been in the maze.

"Yeah. It's not even midday yet we'll be fine. Here you can even hold on to my clock for now so you can check for yourself." Owen reassured her with an slightly unsettled smile, though it was hidden well by the reassuring look. He threw the clock over to her before continuing towards the corridor.

The look was clearly not disregarded by everyone as Oeca seemed oddly more uneasy after it.

"So just down here- Oeca look out!" Owen said, yelling the last part while running over to shove Oeca out of the way as an arrow shot from a hidden dispenser.

"Owen!" Magic yelped from behind where Owen had been standing moments before.

"I'm fine don't worry just an arrow to the shin, I'll fix it up when I get back. Oeca you ok?" Owen responded while turning to Oeca.

"Yeah..." Oeca said before getting up and dusting himself off.

"Well then let's map this last area and head out!" Owen exclaimed, the uneasiness clear to anyone looking deeper.

He began to get up before flinching back down into his sitting position.

"Owen you ok?" Magic asked still stood outside the corridor.

"Yeah I'm fine don't worry about me." Owen smiled.

He got up this time trying to ignore the searing pain burning through his left leg. Eventually balancing himself and beginning a slow walk over to Oeca, who was mapping the corridor.

"You got it?" Owen asked looking over at the numbers written in Oeca's book.

"Yep let's get out of here." He said blankly slamming his book closed. He was clearly shaken up by the near death experience he just had, he had been in that situation way to many times.