Part 4 (Dear snake, here I come)

-----

Text speech guidance:

ᴛʜᴏᴜɢʜᴛs:

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅: 'text'
𝙾𝚝𝚑𝚎𝚛'𝚜: 'text'

ʜᴀɴᴅ sɪɢɴs:

𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝙿.𝙾.𝚅: >text<
𝙿𝚎𝚛𝚜𝚘𝚗'𝚜 𝚛𝚎𝚙𝚕𝚢: >text<
𝚃𝚑𝚒𝚛𝚍 𝚙𝚊𝚛𝚝𝚢: >text<

-----

'Why the hell is this cupboard so tiny.. I mean, it's understandable that they expanded this place because they literally have two kiddos sleeping inside but like- calm.. calm... Hogwarts Letters will happen soon... Don't worry.'

That was one hell of a thought.

I put on "my" clothes for the day. Harry was already out to make some breakfast.

'If I remember correctly, Petunia was the one who make the breakfast, Harry continuing her work after that. Guess because I'm here, they made us do all of the work.'

Just as I finished dressing up, I get out of the cupboard and head straight to the kitchen while ignoring a sea of presents around the dining table in the process.

'Totally normal.' I thought with a happy-go-lucky smile.

"Ah, Amary! Lend your brother a hand will you?" Petunia asked quite 'sweetly' while she's reordering the presents for her "Duddydums".

At least doing housework all the time have it perks. They are less mad at us, and we can at least have a peaceful free time. I know Harry is grateful of my assistance with his jobs, hehe.

"Alright.. If you want, I can make a special dish, considering that today is Dudley's birthday...." I purposely trailed off after that.

"Yes, yes! Cook whatever you want!" Came Petunia's reply.

-----

Surviving Guide With The Dursleys:

1. Never question their decisions for unnecessary hours of lectures.

2. Please them whenever you can to receive less hate and distrust while doing housework.

3. Control your magic (a bit hard for me, but Harry helped) to not scare them, or things similar to that.

4. Do whatever they told you to do. (Unless if it's a thing that give us big disadvantage, we'll solve the problem during the task without being noticed.)

Just let them use you as long as you're with them for overall.

-----

I made my way besides Harry near the stove to see what he's making for breakfast. I stare at the foods inside a pan Harry is currently holding.

"Bacon?"

"Bacon."

"With an egg?"

"Bacon with an egg."

"You're a plain living being, Harry."

"I'm a what now?-"

"A plain living being, Harry. "

He huff in playful offence and disbelief.

Actually, our favourite time with each other (other than our rarely peaceful free times) is when we are cooking together. We often joke around and such, sometimes we hum a song together...

The best part is, the Dursleys doesn't even mind our interaction with each others! Just keep our voice low and we'll be okay!

I take out a big bowl from one of the cabinets, and wipe it up with a tissue paper. I then begun to add some ingredients for my pancake.

-----

"What a big timeskip we had!"

"Amy the wall-"

"-Look, it's the reptiles!"

I totally did not cut him off. I'm just excited, okay? Witnessing someone who can speak the language of snake front-to-front must be cool!

>come on! I want to witness your Parseltongue ability!<

Harry give me the 'what-did-I-do-to-deserve-this?' look as I giggled at his expression. He must've had a life crisis on thinking if my existence is straight-up annoying or just an advantage for the sake of his mental health.

What's mental health anyway?

We make our ways to the reptiles section by our own, since we kind of got the permission to explore the zoo by ourselves, surprisingly. It's good to know that. First thing because I can't wait to hear the infamous Parseltongue, second being we don't have to deal with Dudley.

As I'm about to set my foot at the reptiles section, Harry stopped me.

"The he- I mean- Why did you stopped me, dear brother?" I asked innocently as if I was not about to swear earlier. I could feel the glare he gave me.

>7 Galleons if you'll understand Parseltongue.< he signs with a smirk.

I gasped.

>you will not make me lose hope of hearing Parseltongue! 8 Galleons if I don't understand!<

At this point, I could feel the stares people give us. They must've thought that we are one of those disabled people, and the expressions we are making made it looks like we are fighting doesn't help with their sympathy either.

But in reality, we just don't want to speak about wizarding stuffs in public. In the public full of Muggles nonetheless.

So what if some Muggles know sign language? It's not like they can figure out what gesture we are making if we mention about magic and stuffs. I literally created the gestures by my own!

Anyway, we proceeds our way inside the reptile house. There are many kinds of lizards and snakes inside!

"Awesome..! It's so cool and dark here!" I whispered to no one particular.

"Have you not went to a reptile house before? Or.. any zoos?" Harry asked while he too, is fascinated by the environment.

Harry might've went here for many times but from my observations, it tells me that Harry might've been too busy with the things he had in mind to even enjoy things around him.

Or it was just him who's still not used of what's surrounding him.

"I had been to a zoo once, but that's that. I have no further memory of what had happened during my visit." I whispered as I look at the floor. I let out a heavy sigh.

"Happy memories was made just to become a waste in the end. It always happens out of my will." I continued, looking anywhere but Harry in the process.

Unknown to me, Harry is looking straight at me in the eyes.

"You got here with almost no memories of happy moments.. how are you even able to smile?.." Harry whispered in a low tone.

"This is getting cliché, Harry."

He groan.

"Why are you always like this?!"

Harry is pulling his hair in frustration by now. I couldn't help but snort at the scenery.

"So, where's the snakey you accidentally released before?" I whispered to his left ear.

We don't want people to hear that Harry had accidentally released a snake from it's "home" now, don't we?