(5) Shopping

Disclaimer: I do not own Harry Potter

After leaving Gringotts, a bag of gold in his pocket, he set out to get his supplies with the help of the list that was included in his letter.

'First-year students will require:

Uniform

Three Sets of Plain work robes (Black).

One Plain Pointed Hat (Black) for day wear.

One Pair of Protective Gloves (dragon hide or similar).

One Winter Cloak (Black, silver fastenings).

Please note that all student's clothes should carry name-tags at all times.

Books

The Standard Book of Spells, Grade 1 by Miranda Goshawk

A History of Magic by Bathilda Bagshot

Magical Theory by Adalbert Waffling

A Beginner's Guide to Transfiguration by Emeric Switch

One Thousand Magical Herbs and Fungi by Phyllida Spore

Magical Drafts and Potions by Arsenius Jigger

Fantastic Beasts and Where to Find Them by Newt Scamander

The Dark Forces: A Guide to Self-Protection by Quentin Trimble

Other Equipment

1 Wand

1 Cauldron (pewter, standard size 2)

1 set of glass or crystal phials

1 telescope

1 set of brass scales

Students may also bring an Owl OR a Cat OR a Toad.

PARENTS ARE REMINDED THAT FIRST YEARS ARE NOT ALLOWED THEIR OWN BROOMSTICKS!'

Turning down Knockturn Alley he headed for the robe shop he knew of. The robes from Heathers Grand Robes were better quality than the ones at Madam Malkin's robe shop in Diagon. 1 hour, and a headache later, and he was done with Wizarding World clothing. While he was still in Knockturn he bought a multi-compartment passworded trunk in a nice black leather with emerald, garnet, citrine, and Sapphire stones embedded into the exterior of the trunk, shimmering in the glow of the trunk shop, Wilbur's Marvelous Cases. While there he picked up a bottomless and featherlight charmed black backpack with the same stones from the trunk on the zipper.

He slipped back into Diagon Alley after spending 2 hours in a bookstore that specializes in foreign or banned books on the different branches of magic from different countries. He went to Flourish and Blotts to complete more of his shopping list while he was in the area. When arriving at Ollivander's, later than he would have liked, (hey he got distracted in the book stores) started the time consuming process of finding a wand that worked.

"Try this one," Ollivander said with a strange gleam in his eye that had been there the entire time.

Harry proceeds to pick up the wand and try it out.. he blew up a plant. Many wand later he had already tried the holly and phoenix feather wand with still no luck.

"This wand once belonged to a very powerful wizard, Mr. Potter. It was carved with Elder, Yew, Ebony, Laurel, Snakewood, and Mahogany, with the last two having unknown magical properties, and had cores of Thestral Tail hair, Basilisk Horn, Unicorn Hair, and Dragon Heartstring. Along the handle you can see what looks like a vine wrapped around but according to the legend surrounding this wand, when the want gets claimed by a parselmouth the vine can turn into a snake. Salazar Slytherin created this want himself. Go ahead, give it a try?" Ollivander said after pulling out a dark green box. Harry picked up the wand and immediately felt a sense of warmth run through this arm as a series of swirling colours surrounded him.

"Does this mean that the wand that Salazar Slytherin used is my wand now?" Hadrian asked, still trying to wrap his head around that thought.

"Yes Mr. Potter this wand now belongs to you. Use it wisely, this wand is more powerful than the Elder Wand itself," Ollivander replied, shocked that anyone would get this wand.

After paying Mr. Ollivander the galleons he owed him for the wand as well as a black leather wand holster he bought, he left the store taking all his purchases with him in his backpack. He finished off his shopping in the Wizarding World by going to get all of his potion needs at The Apothecary, with his cauldron at Potage's Cauldron Shop and getting his telescope for Astronomy at Astronomical Tools and Accessories.

He exited through the Leaky Cauldron and stepped out into the muggle world, deciding to get some casual clothes for non-school days.

~ time skip ~

on the train platform

As Hadrian walked onto the platform without his "family" he received some odd glances from some of the parents around, but walked onto the train uninterrupted.

He sat in the farthest compartment from the front of the train and sat down next to the window. After 20 minutes of waiting the train starts to pull forward and Hadrian pulled out a book from his trunk and started reading.

Notes on this chapter

I made of the name of the robe shop and many of the other shops mentioned if you do not know them

The words in 'these things' are from the first book

I like overpowered Harry so Hadrian is going to be as powerful as I want him to be

I can do whatever I want and add whatever I want so if something doesn't make sense blame me because this is too much creative freedom

I don't know when/what ships are going to happen but we'll see when they get older

I get the wand doesn't make any sense but I wrote this late at night and spent equal amount of time on research as actual writing and I'm determined to use the research

I'm winging everything I do here sooo yeah!

A.N. I reread chapter 4 and can not believe I wrote this. It's so much better than I remember it. This chapter is 781 words without the beginning disclaimer and the ending notes 📝. I'm working on writing more at a time and adding later than writing little bits at a time and hodgepodge-ing it together right before I post it. Hope you enjoy and comment suggestion or constructive criticism!!!