53 | Enjoying the Deal

Start from the beginning

I'll give you something else in the meantime, since you have no patience. Also, had to run an errand after work. Be back in 30 or less.

Something in the meantime? Alright: Mocha tomorrow but a pun now. What kind of errand?

The kind that is not illegal or dangerous, and I will tell you all about it when I'm home. I'll give you anything but a pun.

Sounds good. Too bad all I want is a pun—give me a good one, Coffee-man.

Beverly.

Griffin. :D

Can you hear me groaning? Yes, actually, she could. Fine. Everything I brew, I brew it for you.

Oh, stop it, you! I'm blushing. Now, here's one for you: You're a hot-tea. LOL!

You're a mess, Beverly. He may have texted the words to sound stern, but Beverly knew he was grinning at his phone just like she was at hers. As if he heard her, he sent another text: Good thing I love you anyway.

Good thing you're lucky enough to have the opportunity, you mean. Jk! Love you, Griff! She added the kissy-face emoji before hitting Send, shaking her head at how much joy she got from just texting the man; really, it was sad how much of a teenager she'd become.

"Having fun over there, Beverly?"

Beverly squeaked, jolting upright and barely stopping her precious new laptop from catapulting off her lap at the sudden movement. "Francis," she scolded once she'd looked up and found the man watching her with a crooked smile, Cynthia standing right beside him with a matching expression. "That was so mean."

Francis chuckled, holding up his hands in a sign of surrender. "I apologize, Beverly, I didn't realize that you tuned out the rest of the world when you were texting your boyfriend."

Giving him a droll stare, Beverly shifted to face Cynthia. "I don't think I like Francis anymore."

Cynthia threw her head back and laughed brightly, and Beverly wasn't blind to Francis watching the woman, the look in his face one of complete and utter adoration.

Sooooooo cute.

"Really? I don't mind him too much," Cynthia declared once she had calmed, mirroring Francis's expression.

"Wow," Beverly muttered before she could stop herself,  watching as they unconsciously leaned closer, "I ship it so hard."

Oh, great job, Beverly—nice work using that filter of yours. Stellar performance.

Unaware of Beverly's inner scolding, the two adults resembled teens caught by a parent with how quickly they pulled away from one another, and Francis cleared his throat uncomfortably. "Right. I just came to say goodbye, Beverly. I'm headed out. Have fun at school tomorrow."

Groaning at both her slip-up and the reminder that she had two different classes to prepare for, Beverly just nodded tiredly. "Sure. Thanks, Francis. Come to my funeral when I die of homework overload, will you?"

He chuckled gamely. "For you, Beverly? Maybe." And then he was ducking out before Beverly could try to throw something at him, and she let him leave, watching with a smirk as Cynthia walked him to the door.

She could hear their hushed voices but not their words as they spoke, but it only lasted a minute or two before Cynthia strode back into the living room, this time without Francis. "I wasn't the only one having fun," Beverly pestered, grinning widely when Cynthia looked away from her.