Chapter 13-

The carriage pulled up in front of the castle slowly and came to a halt.

I looked out the small window on the door of the carriage and there stood, Zaria, Cole, Mother and father.

I felt Matteo's hand rub over my hand soothingly.

"Who is that?" Reece said looking out the window beside me. His face was squished against the glass and he had puppy dog eyes.

He was looking directly at Zaria and i awed inside.

"That's Zaria, my best friend. She's stunning, isn't she?" I winked over at Matteo and he smirked lightly while looking out the window at the castle.

"We should probably get out." I said as I started to push on the door and Reece helped me push with his whole body as he fell out of the carriage.

I burst into laughter as he face planted on the floor and I could hear Zaria's laugh as she was hunched over dying from laughter.

I stepped over him as he groaned and went over to greet my two best friends in a huge hug, "I've missed you guys." I said quietly into their shoulders.

"Things are not the same without you here." Cole mumbled into my neck.

I slowly came out of the hug and my eyes landed on Matteo helping Reece up off the ground.

Matteo dusted his wet shirt and pants off as the small smile played on his lips.

"Octavia, it's a pleasure to have you home." Mother worded as she reached out to grab my hand.

I hesitated. I hesitated for the first time in my life.

But she dragged me into a tight hug and I felt as though my sound was gone. My arms dangled by my sides.

I'd rarely gotten a hug from my mother.

I've gotten a hug from her 3 times my whole life.

1 when I was 3 and I had cut my finger helping mother sow.

2 when I was 15 and had gotten my period. It was traumatic and I needed the reassurance.

3 there now.

That's all the times my mother has hugged me.

She let go and I stumbled back a few steps before I made contact with a strong, familiar chest.

"You alright, love?" Matteo spoke softly into my ear while he held a hand on my back, rubbing soft circles, relaxing me.

I nodded while he moved to the side of me and we both greeted my father, "Lovely to see you again, sir." Matteo said as he bowed.

I almost threw up on the spot, "Father." I worded.

"Octavia." He completely ignored Matteo as his eyes pierced into mine.

"It's 4:30pm now so we must go get ready for the ball." Matteo spoke, breaking the silence and led me away from my parents smoothly after bowing.

I did no such thing and will most likely be punished for it later.

"Relax, Via. You're doing great." He whispered into my ear while brushing over my spine with his knuckle.

"Thanks, you're truly amazing." I looked up at him and his eyes were already beaming at me.

"I'll always be here for you. Are you cold?" He dragged his hand along my back before it nestled around my waist and I sighed.

"A little." I leaned into him as we walked up the long staircase.