Chapter 23. Stitched Shut

Start from the beginning

"Willow," Lucilline deadpanned. "I am the third son of Duke Rubius. I will not run away from this scene."

His outfit had been torn, but he did not care even the slightest. Lucilline took off his sweater, only wearing a white shirt with the emblem of S Academy on the top right. His black trousers wrapped loosely on his slender legs, making him look ready for combat.

"I will initiate the first blow to the demon." He did not waver. "Willow; the weapon."

Doing as she was told, Willow handed over a dagger to her Young Master. "Yes," She nodded. She had kept that dagger hidden in her skirt. It was to used for dealing with enemies. This time, the enemy was a demon. Her Young Master needed this dagger more than she.

"Go rescue the people." Lucilline ordered. "I will stall the demon."

Willow pursed her lips. "Young Master, would it be possible for us to switch roles? I will fight the demon, and you can go rescue the people-"

"I'm not as strong as you, Willow." Lucilline remained unmoved, with a steady voice. He only looked ahead at the shambles that the demon had created out of his school. "What's most important right now are the lives of the people. That is our first and foremost priority. Since you're stronger and faster than me, you will be able to guarantee their safety faster than if I were to take on that role."

"Therefore," he explained, "You should go rescue the people."

There was no room for disagreement. Willow's eyebrows furrowed, "I see. I will go help the people escape. I will come back for you as soon as possible, Young Master."

Her small figure had nimbly leaped out from the rubble, and she had quickly disappeared, as if the maidservant was merely a wisp of the wind.

Lucilline looked at the distance.

Slowly, he felt his wound completely disappear, and his dizziness from the loss of blood had also vanished without a trace. Even his blood had faded into nothing.

He was worried for his maidservant.

However, Willow was a strong individual.

The drugs running through her body had allowed her to live like a non-human being; like a deity. Even horrible pain or wounds will not hinder her from achieving her goal. She also recovers from her injuries with immense speed. The drugs truly have made her invincible.

Lucilline turned to look at the demon.

It was at least five metres tall, with an ugly scar ripped across its unrecognizable face. The colour of crimson red had glowed on its shadow-like body, as if stitches were pulling through the depths of black ink rivers, and revering to sew everything together.

The demon was on its four legs. Its deformed head had rummaged through the rubble, trying to search for its next prey.

Lucilline pursed his lips.

There were screams everywhere. The noblemen had all fled from the arena, and their pitter-pattering footsteps had scattered in the hallways. They were all fleeing.

However, there were some trapped in the rubble.

As the third son of Grand Duke Rubius, Lucilline must make sure that the demon doesn't take another step closer to destruction!

"Over here!" He yelled.

The demon paused in its movements. Its mouth raised up in a crooked motion, as if bloody thread was used to sew its nonexistent lips shut. The demon had no eyes either. There was only a pool of darkness; a puddle of shadows and void.