2.

Chapter 2 "Money, money, money"♤♡◇

♤♡◇

𝕯𝖊𝖑𝖆𝖓𝖊𝖞 loved money, very much so, and if this job was worth a million kruge she is doing it without question, sure the sound of crossing the fold terrified her, especially after what she went through, "why do you always disagree to shake Kaz's hand, I mean, you both despise each other and still...you respect him?" Inej was Kaz closest friend so is Delaney's and her watching them bicker all day was tiring but what always surprised her was that they always respected each other boundaries and fear, they both never questioned their pasts or even said a word about it, "he seems uncomfortable when people touch him and even though I wish to kill him, I respect what he went through" her voice was cold as she spoke with tiredness in her eyes, she hated him ever since they both met.

"You care about him, don't you?" Inej's was ready as she nudged her bestfriend shoulder catching her attention with a smirk, "EW, NO!" she exclaimed loudly with disgust in her tone as she glared at Inej who started running away with Delaney chasing her behind. "Are you sure you hate her, boss?" Jesper spoke as he leaned against the wall watching the 2 girls chasing each other and jumping from a building to the other, Kaz glared at the poor guy as he coldly spoke.

"I despise her, and if killing her will calm me down, I'm doing for free." Kaz Brekker killing someone became a routine but he's doing it for money, and Jesper hearing that come out of his mouth sent his shiver down his spine.

♤♡◇

"Saints, i had a target tomorrow who was about to give me a thousand kruge and I thought we can both share it and buy beautiful knives cause I heard we can put some in our hair!" Whining the girl pouted as she drank her coffee, without sugar, so she can take her anger out on Kaz and kill him—just in case if something happens.

She wanted to buy new daggers for both her and Inej, daggers are probably one of her favourite things, better than guns, that was her opinion. "Knives are the best thing  they can make you pretty, powerful, a queen who don't fear anything better than guns" nodding in agreement Inej helped her with the black harness before saying "If Jesper heard that, he will definitely disagree with your words, what do you think of him between?"

Delaney thought for a moment while tying her knife holster around her thigh, she liked Jesper a lot and knew they both are going to be in an amazing friendship, "he's an amazing guy, he's a incredible shooter, and also a flirt and have a thing for men and I like how he flirts with them and make them all blushy" she spoke teasingly, it was the truth.

Delaney never in her entire life lied, until it was to stay alive, Jesper was her second favourite person in Ketterdam and she caught him plenty of times flirting and winking at some guys, she loved that about him, and if Jesper listened to her words right now he was going to be so embarrassed and happy at the same time.

Holding a cup of coffee and tea both the girls sat at the table drinking and chatting about that stupid plan of his, "I have a bad feeling, somehow..." muttered Inej under her breath while Delaney on the other hand rolled her eyes before getting up, putting her cup on the sink followed by the sulli girl, "Do you need some daggers before we go?" Asked the girl holding a sharp knife in her hand while glancing at her best friend, Inej on the other hand shook her head in disagreement with a beautiful grin on her face as she showed head the weapons around her body.

♤♡◇

"Are you a heartrender?" Kaz cold voice started her from behind as she choked on her drink coughing as Inej tapped her back, shooting a death glare at the boy she wiped her mouth before speaking, venom in her voice as she spoke with the same tone he gave her, "No, I'm not a heartrender." Turning around the teenager continued his way back to his office leaving a fuming Delaney behind as she soon followed behind.

"Listen to me very fucking clearly, bastard, you told me to come to do.this job with you and if it's worth a million kruge to you, don't make me rip your eyeballs out before you can even get the chance to look at it, don't test me" she pointed her fingers at his face making sure to stay one feet away from him, her eyes burning with fire as she spat the words at his face, he would be lying if he didn't find her threatening him unattractive.

Kaz let out a scoff, the cornef of his mouth twitching a bit as he leaned a little closer to her, basically towering her with his frame as she still haven't put her finger down, "Oh i know that, darling, it's just because without me you won't be able to find the money" that smirk, she just wanted to grab her knife and kill him at the moment but knew it was true, and him saying the truth pissed her off.

Pushing her away with his cane he slowly made his way toward his desk, the sound of his cane clicking to the ground echoed around the room as she tried to calm her temper down, her eyes slowly turning black to the point were her pupils were about to disappear, her hand clenching into a fist as her nails digged into her skin clenching her jaw as she let out a shaky breath before walking out.

"Raven." Rolling her eyes at him calling her by her last name she sighed in annoyance before turning around, a sudden black sharp hair pin was inches away from her eyes as she caught it easily, it was a beautiful  black hair pin with a medieval red crystal at the end as she stared at it in awe. It matched her outfit.

"Fast reflex, I see, you will know, when you need it" he said not looking away from the map with a smirk in his face as she muttered under her breath before leaving his office with frowned eyebrows.

"Fucking asshole."

"Fucking witch"