6: String of fate

"Ki— Kim Haeun, is that you?"

Hearing Hansol's voice made me quickly looked away, though my heart pounding so rapidly against my chest, I tried to look unaffected by the unexpected meetings.

But as soon as I looked away, my knees almost turned anemic when I saw the presence of the other too well known handsome faces on the right side. Seungkwan and Dokyeom. Their eyes wavered in a hint of disbelief.

An inexplicable sensation crept up in my stomach. After so many years I left them without a proper goodbye, now I saw their gorgeous faces again. In that surreal moment, I had to admit that the boys had grown up so well, they took care of themselves well.

"Ha-Haeun-ah... I thought I was just seeing things..." Seungkwan stepped forward with teary eyes.

"Haeun-ah. When did you back? Are you doing well?" I looked to the left which was Minghao. His expression mirrored Seungkwan.

Not only him, almost all of them were giving me the same appalled looks. I felt my breath shortened as they were now circling me, making me literally choked on air.

Gosh, this is what I had been dreading about. They wouldn't let me go that easily...

"Haeun... is this really you? I— I can't believe this. You're back!" Dokyeom suddenly held out his hand and grabbed my shoulders, his eyes showed a painful longing gaze.

His touch caused an andrenaline rush in my system.

Even if I wanted to look away, I couldn't. Even if my mind was cursing me that I should ran away, my heart was against it.

I could feel my hands were shaking because of the situation. I bited my lips out of frustration as an absurd sensation crept up in my throat, but not until questions lingering in my head beat me back into reality.

Wait, what they were doing here together ? Didn't they sunder ages ago after high school?

"Haeun, I know you'll be back.." Dokyeom engulfed me into his embrace tightly.

"No." I pushed Dokyeom away and took a step back. I looked at them once again but this time with a frown.

"You've got the wrong person. I'm not Kim Haeun." I took a step back.

"What are you saying, Haeun?" Hansol breathed out.

"Stop lying with us, Kim Haeun. I know it just your trick all along, to avoid us."

I clutched my hand as the more they pushed me the more crumbling I was. I couldn't let this happen. As I had set in my mind earlier, I didn't want to see them again. The book filled with them had been closed long ago.

"I don't know who you guys are. You must have mistaken me with your friend." I cursed inwardly at my cheap acting.

"Stop kidding with me, Haeun!"

I jolted in surprise when Seungkwan suddenly grab my hand and slightly shook it. He looked like he had been writhing in agony for so long. The painful in his voice told me something.