Chapter 5

"I...I have to go" I said quickly and left the house before he could say anything.

I ran all the way over to Izzy's house, I was hoping that Ricky wasn't following me again. I wasn't in the mood to face my parents today. "Why are you in your school clothes when you didn't come to school?" Izzy asked, raising an eyebrow at me.

"I was going to go today, but my parents decided to keep me off. I wasn't feeling well when I woke up and couldn't be bothered to change into something different." I lied, I didn't want to have to go through what happened with Ricky today. I would normally tell Izzy the truth, but I couldn't bring myself to do it. I felt guilty about lying to her, but I couldn't change what I had said to her.

Luckily, she dropped it and didn't speak about it again after that. Izzy let me stay over for the night and for once, I got a decent nights sleep.

In the morning, we quickly got ready and went. It would definitely be awkward between me and Ricky after what happened yesterday. I'm foing to try and avoid him like I did before. I wouldn't know what to say to him if I bumped into him.

I managed to get through to my locker without much harm, I was feeling positive about the day ahead, something I hadn't felt in a long, long time.

Izzy went to the toilet and I was waiting at my locker for her. Ricky saw me and came rushing up to me before I even had a chance to act like I was busy.

He leaned in and I backed up a little. "What?" Ricky asked frowning. "You had no problem kissing me yesterday."

"I thought it was just a spur of a moment thing."

"That's all it was to you? I felt a spark there and I thought you did too. I thought that's why you left so suddenly. I really, really like you, isn't that how you feel?"