Chapter 3

I didn't know where I was running to, but I just knew that I had to run. I have never actually run from anything before in my life, but I felt that I needed to in this situation. I felt if that I ran far enough, then I would be okay.

I heard footsteps behind me and I ran faster until I couldn't run any faster. I thought I had lost whoever was behind me but I felt a hand on my shoulder and tugged me back so I stooped.

"Why did you start running away?" He asked. I shrugged acting as if it wasn't a big deal.

"So your parents did this?" He asked and I nodded shamefully.

"Look, stay off with me today. You're going to get teased even more then usual if people in school see you like this." He had a point, I must admit.

"Why do you care so much? I don't even know your name." I sneered, I know I shouldn't be too harsh on him, he's only looking out for me but its the way I've always been to new people. I need to stop it but I can't.

"I'm Ricky, you?"

"Ella - Jade."

"Ella - Jade, I'm being nice to you because I want to and no one else is."

"Thanks for your concern, but I don't need it."

"Why won't you let me be nice to you?"

"Because you're popular."

"What has that got to do with anything?"

"Trust me, you don't want to be seen anywhere near me, its for your own good."