Day 1: As I Watch Them

My guardian angel that I named Bai snarled. And I mean snarled.
He bared his perfect white teeth that surprisingly looked like shark teeth now and narrowed his black abyss of eyes.
It was a little terrifying to see him acting like a dog, but I understood why.
There was a demon in front of us both and trying to confront me in my most vulnerable state: my sleep.

"Hello again." The demon smiled a fox's smile and bowed to me.
"Hello to you to Li." I responded and could feel the holes being burned into me by my guardian's glare.

Yes I named the goddamned demon that's been trying to take my soul for the last two years.
He's not getting it, but he won't go away either, so might as well name him.

I can feel how stupid that would sound to any other person though...

"Is that my name now?" Li cocked his head curiously to the side, bright yellow eyes flashing.
"Until you leave me alone that is." I shrugged trying not to marvel at how almond his eyes were, his pale skin, velvety ebony hair, and strange clothing choice of a black tux and red shirt and white tie.

"Which will be no time soon." Bai reminded me sternly and made sure I was behind him.
"On the contrary," Li coughed, "I am not here for her."
"Bullshit!"
I shuddered feeling the venom in Bai's usually monotone voice.

"Oh but it's true 'Bai'." Li did his hands in the quotation marks gesture. "I am simply as bored as a devil can be."
"You mean demon." I corrected more than asked.
Li just chuckled, "If you believe so."
"Stop conversing with him!!" Bai bellowed angrily to me. His sharp glare made me pout instead of tremble.
I'm used to him giving that look of 'for shame'.

Yeah yeah, whatever.

"Why are you so mean? She's just a child and of course a little curious. She's also quite brave." Li flicked his eyes to me and smiled. "I can see why you chose her as your Master."

Almost in a flash, Bai swung his robed arm toward the demon that seemed to have vanished.

Bai snarled irritatedly and looked about the red cavern that was my mind.
Abruptly he turned to me and swung his right arm as if to slap someone. It stopped mid air as I flinched.
Li had caught his wrist.

"Now now. I don't mean to cause trouble." Li coaxed sounding a little worried.
"Then get out!" Bai hissed through bared teeth. "Before I kill you."

I took three large steps back.

"I'd rather not die again by your hands." Li's voice dropped to a low murmur, but I heard.

What?
They know each other.

Li leaned in close enough that their noses could possibly touch.
"Unless...that's what you would want. For Madam Ai to see that beautifully heinous side of you 'Bai'." He dragged out the others name."
Bai scoffed and snatched his hand away from the demon.

My brows furrowed.

I don't know much about my guardian angel, other than he was given to me as a protector and that we might have met in some sort of past life.
And duh, he's an angel...type...thing.

But to meet the man that you had killed in a previous life time by accident is a little strange.

Even for a Wicca like me. That's a little too odd...