Chapter Thirty-Three: Part Two

Start from the beginning

"I'm Alpha Luka. We are the Alphas of Fortis, the pack territory you were found on." The words were accompanied by a heavy wave of dominance from both of them that had me cringing further into the pillow and bed. "These are the Hunters who are here to ask you some questions." I cracked my eyes open, and spotted the two stern, large males, standing next to my bed and my heart rate jumped.

"I'm Officer Roike." The one closest to me said it before gesturing to the other officer. "And this is Officer Walter." The other Hunter nodded his head. "We have some questions for you." He pulled out a notebook and a pen, clicking it. "What is your name?" At the question I swallowed and glanced away.

"M-Menza Aristot-Aristotle." It came out stuttered and the Hunter raised an eyebrow before writing it down.

"Where are you from?" The tone was filled with boredom and I swallowed hard, glancing at Lilith but her expression was dark as she looked at the group.

"I don't-I don't know." My hands started to shake and I pinched my lips together. I didn't know. Father had always said it wasn't my place to know and I was never actually told where the pack was or what it was called because of it. It wasn't my place.

"What do you mean you don't know?" The edge to his voice made me flinch slightly. "What pack are you from?" Domiance swirled around me and I swallowed hard.

"I-I-I don't-don't know." My breathing picked up and my eyes burned as I shook. I didn't like this. I didn't like it at all.

"Be nice!" Lilith's voice was harsh and the Hunter made a sound in the back of his throat.

"There is no way that you don't know. Where are you from?" He stressed the words hard and I grabbed the blanket in my hand, trying to sink away from the frustration that was radiating out of the male.

"I don-don't know. I'm-I'm-I'm sor-ry." My eyes burned worse, filling with tears and I closed my eyes tightly, trying to breath through the fear saturating me. There was so much dominance and they were angry with me and I was so tired and scared. I couldn't handle all of it.

"Listen, we can't help you if we don't know where you're from." His voice was sharp like a whip and I flinched under it heavily.

"Get out!" Lilith let loose a heavy snarl, growls rattling her chest. "Out! Get out!" I opened my eyes right as she tossed a tray at one of the Hunters as they rapidly backed away. "Out! Out! Out! Out!" Her expression was black as she tossed a cup at the other one, baring her teeth as it bounced off the floor and she heaved. "Get out!" It was screamed from her and the Alphas quickly ushered the Hunters to the other side of the room. "Out!" She picked up what looked to be a book and whipped it across the room at them. "Out! Out! Out!" Growls rattled her form and her face looked angular and dark but I wasn't scared of her, like I knew she meant me no harm.

"Hey!" Another large male came in and held out his hands. "Hey, hey!" He quickly came over, his entire focus on her. "Easy, love. It's okay." He came close enough to grasped her arms and then pulled her close to his chest.

"No! They were scaring her! They were being mean!" She heaved out her breaths ad the male rubbed her back gently, shushing her softly, murmuring at her that it was okay and everything was alright.

"We are trying to do-"

"Shut up." The male snapped it out before glancing at me. "Clearly this isn't working because she's clearly terrified." He glanced away before rubbing the small female's back again. "Okay. Breathe deep." He looked at Lilith intently and she gulped in a big breath and he nodded. "And relax." She slumped her shoulders and exhaled and he nodded. "Good." He let her go before moving over to the one wall and grabbed a chair and carrying it back over to Lilith. He set it down right next to the bed I was in. "Sit please." I watched with hiccuping breaths as she sat down and then grasped my hand tightly, throwing an angry look at the group of people near the door.