Chapter TwentyTwo : Natsu's Gone?!

Lucy POV
----
As my hand reached out to Natsu, the pitch black ball of energy shoved its way into his chest, a large explosion erupting in all directions, throwing us all backward, and pulling the ground up with it.

As I opened my eyes, I found myself lying half awake on the ruined grass. I pushed myself up, dark spots of remaining energy floating down from the sky as a dark figure walked away from the scene. As they turned, an evil smirk covered their face.

"Zeref!" I shouted, running at him full force. I could then hear everyone else waking up. As I aimed a deadly kick, he grabbed it before it could go anywhere near his body.

"My, my Lucy. I hope your not letting your emotions cloud your judgement." he said, his voice almost sickening to me now.

"Shut up!" I screamed back, pulling my other leg to strike. He then grabbed the second leg, still smirking. As he held my legs, I pulled my fists back, punching him square in the chest.

He was pushed back, forcibly letting me go and skidding away, gripping his chest tightly. His smile disappeared, his eyes now becoming cold and lifeless. The old Zeref.

"You don't want to fight me Lucy." he said, his face shadowed over.

"Oh yeah?"I replied, running at him once again. "If I landed a punch once, I can do it again."

As I threw a strong punch, his body disappeared, leaving me to topple over. I could just see out of the corner of my eye his speed step. Almost instantly, I crouched down and kicked behind me from the ground, managing to get my foot to scrape his cheek.

I jumped ahead, getting out of his arm range as he touched his cheek, looking at me carefully.

"Seems like cheap tricks won't work on you. I'm warning you Lucy, you don't want me getting serious in this fight. Someone could end up....." he started, lifting his head to reveal purple eyes filled with blood lust. "...Dying!"

As I was ready to run again, but a strong hand grabbed my shoulder, a battered up Erza shaking her head at me.

"Lucy, stop." she said sternly, using my shoulder to pull herself up from the destroyed land. "Look at him. You try to punch Zeref again, Natsu won't be the only one leaving us. You'll be next."

I removed her hand, turning to look at Zeref as his eyes returned to normal, the blood lust that was once there disappearing.

To my surprise, he suddenly appeared in front of me, and leaned towards my ear. I could then hear everyone firing up their magic energy, ready to strike if he pulled a move on me.

"Your mine, Lucy."

With those words, he vanished, nothing left standing before me. Erza walked up to me, her sword barely hanging on in her hand. As soon as the sword dropped on the ground, I burst out into tears, everyone else trying to hold back the sadness.

I dropped to my knees as Erza crouched down to hug me, my face buried in her arms.

"E-Erza....is he really gone?...." I said, through unending sniffles. I looked up, finding one of her eyes flowing quietly with silent tears.

"Yes Lucy. He's gone."