I wanted to keep a much lower profile. That meant a smaller place, smaller circle, and legitimate businesses only.

The only thing I was holding on to was my Audi R8. I sold my other car and motorcycle to pay off my court fees and my penalties from my case. The court also drained my checking accounts like a fucking vampire. Thankfully I always kept cash stashed away.

We walk into the elevator and I insert the card key and we make it to my floor and find my door. I unlock it and walk into a large studio apartment with high ceilings, a decent sized kitchen and living room. I walk around taking the space in, my boots thudding on the concrete floors as I go.

There's no patio or terrace, but there's at least decent windows letting in good light. I stop and look at the terrible view of the buildings across from me.

Jax comes over to stand by me.
"Everything good? I know it's not as spectacular as your last place, but you said-"

"It's perfect Jax. Thanks for all you've done," I say turning from the window. He nods turning to go over to the kitchen. He opens one of the bottom cabinets and puts a lockbox on the counter. I go over to stand next to him and he puts in a code and flips open the top.

I look inside and see a few stacks of cash. All of the savings I had hidden away, out of my accounts, or what's left of it after getting this place.

I don't need to count it, I trust Jax with my life just as much as I do my own brother.

I close it and lock it back before putting it back in a cabinet. "Alright. Let's go."

We check on the moving company at my storage unit and then drive back to my place with them after Jax closes out the storage unit that was in his name.

I leave Jax in charge of the movers at my apartment and  get an Uber to go do my errands. I get a new cell phone and number, then head over to my friend Braxton's shop to get my car.

Braxton and I have known each other for a few years. He helped me customize quiet a few of my cars, and has the best customization and detailing shop in Redland.

I pull into the busy parking lot and go inside to the front desk. The receptionist gets on the phone to contact Braxton and let him know I'm here, and I shoot Wes and Jax a text with my new number.

I look up from my phone and do a double take.

Braxton is walking towards me with a baby in each arm and I swear I must be seeing shit.

He smiles at me and I look at the two boys he's holding in stunned silence. They both have caramel skin, but one has jet black hair and the other a sandy brown color. But they both have the same brown eyes and similar facial features.

"Lach! What's going on man, I heard you were getting out soon," Braxton exclaims, coming to stand in front of me. The babies are moving around in his arms wanting to be let down.

"Forget about me man, what's going on here? Are..are these your boys?" I ask smiling at them.

He smiles and nods. "Yeah man, a lot has changed since you've been gone. These are my little men, Nico and Nash," he says.

I wave to them both and they laugh. "They're gorgeous man. Congratulations. You've got a lady?" I ask. Braxton was never the settling down type before.

"I've got the lady. My wife, Penny. I'll introduce you to her sometime," he says smiling. I don't think I've ever seen him so happy and I feel a twinge of something watching him wrangle his boys and bounce them around to calm them down.

"That's really amazing man. Happy for you," I say nodding. "Thanks brother. I actually moved down to where my other location is in Seabrook full-time now. I've had my brother Knight running this place with some new management I hired on. Glad I was here to see you," he says.

He starts walking towards the back hallway and I follow him. "Your car is still in pristine condition. I have it in my personal garage," he says.

He pushes in a code to the door by the back garage and flips on some lights, illuminating the large space. There's a few motorcycles inside and about five cars with tarps over them.

I already know which one is mine and I work to take the tarp off of it and smile down at it when I get it off.

"Such an amazing ride man. I almost bought one of these before I found out my Penny was pregnant. Now it's gotta be SUV's from here on out," he laughs.

I smile at him. "Yeah no room for kids in one of these," I agree running my hand along the cherry red hood.

He hands over my keys and goes to the wall to open the large garage doors so I can drive out. "I'll see you man. Let's have dinner and catch up," I say opening my door. "No doubt. Be safe man. Good decisions," he says raising an eyebrow.

"Absolutely," I agree, before pulling away.