Chapter 1

Chapter 1

I brought my bags down the last of the steps, rolling my shoulders back in pain.

"You ready?" My mom asked, putting a white  hand on the railing.

"Yeah." I sighed. "Where's Lulu?"

"Still packing."

"Of course." I said bitterly.

As if on que, Lulu walked down the stairs with my brother and dad behind her, helping carry boxes and suitcases. She banged my shoulder against hers, dropping her bags onto mine.

Putting one hand on her hip, Lulu popped her gum, her blonde hair in tight curls around her face. Her blue eyes looked cold and her tan skin was so fake that it looked real."Can we go? I'm hungry."

"Your always hungry." I muttered.

I moved to step over the bags when she pushed me, causing me to stumble and step on my duffel. "Dont step on my bags!"

"Thats my bag. And dont tell me what to do." I replied.

"Hurry up." She said, pushing me again.

"Stop it!" I yelled, my feet finding the floor again. I turned to kick her in the shin, and she pulled my hair.

"Rebecca, stop it." My mom said, pushing me away. I glared at Lulu.

"She started it."

And that was when the fake tears came. "That really hurt!" Lulu yelled, fixing her hair and limping to the kitchen.

My mom gave me a stern glare and I opened my mouth to protest, but my brother, Phil, took both my shoulders and led me to the kitchen, not being careful about running into walls.

...

After putting the clips back into my dark hair, I ran out to the van, stepping out of the way when Lulu opened her door on me.

The school was more than amazing. It was famazing... a combination of fantastic and amazing that my friend had used many times. It looked like a castle, with high peeks and large doors and a square courtyard in the middle of it.

I handed Lulu her map I had picked up from a lady at the doors, and steered her to the Jessie Ray Academy's table that held their packages.

"Love you, Mom!" Lulu yelled.

"Yeah, Love you mom." I said, smiling. She waved back, and I went up to the McKenzie Academy table. There wasnt a big line, and the lady who worked the table had fast movements and a big smile. Phil followed me, carrying my bags.

"You excited?" He asked me as I tore open the envelope looking for my dorm assignment and keys.

"Hell yes!" I said, trying to hide the glance I took towards the Jessie Ray dorms on the opposite side of the school. "Room 36B in Victorian Hall. Help me find it."

We started off for the brown buildings that surrounded a green lawn, a sign saying "McKenzie Dorms" on it. There was a forest all around the dorms and the school, making it look very nature like and small town like.

"Victorian Hall..." I muttered over and over again, squinting to see the names of the buildings.

"That it?" Phil pointed. I read the sign. 'Victorian Hall Rooms 1B to 48B.'

"That it." I repeated, smiling. "I'm so excited."

As we made our way up to my room, I noticed Phil checking out evry girl we passed. I tried to ignore him.

When I found the purple door, Phil didn't stop walking. He leaned in and whispered, "Can I come in?"

I just rolled my eyes and stuck the key in the door. It opened with a click.

Trying to take a deep breath, I let my hand rest on the door nob. But, Phil wasnt as paitent. He pushed the door open with a huge hand.