Chapter 7

Part 2/3 Of A Taste of Both Heaven & Hell

The next morning, California's sun didn't shine as brightly as usual. Even with the curtains open. The time was 11am. Leilani was harshly awoken by a string of missed calls & texts from her mother. Before checking, she looked back at Fez, making sure her obnoxiously loud ringer didn't accidentally wake him. The ginger was still sound asleep. His arm around her as he looked truly peaceful. The air in his house was a perfect mix of hot & cold. She felt as if she could stay this comfortable in bed with Fezco forever. However, once Lei read the texts from her mother, she felt sick to her stomach.

The police raided the Bennett house early that morning. When they arrived, they'd told Leslie Bennett that they received an anonymous tip that there were drugs in the house. Leslie was hysterical. She began to question if Leilani was shooting up with Rue all this time. Rue Bennett was still in rehab & Leilani Bennett only smoked weed, all of which she had in her possession, at Fezcos house. The police didn't find anything incriminating & apologized to Leslie for any inconveniences they may have caused. Besides trashing the whole house early in the AM, they'd caused a multitude of inconveniences that an apology could never fix.

Driving home from Fezco's house felt like hours to Leilani. In actuality, the drive was about 10 minutes. Her head was full of,

"Oh my god I had sex with my best friend." &

"I'm gonna kill Alex Jones." &

"My mom is probably losing her mind right now." &

"Jesus Christ, I need gas." &

"I hope Gia wasn't home to see all of that." + more.

When she finally pulled up into the driveway, she felt she needed a second to just sit & breathe. The car smelt of weed, perfume & a hint of lavender car freshener. To others, it might not be a therapeutic mix of scents, but to Lei, it was the most comforting thing she could be smelling at the moment. Her eyes traveled up to her rearview mirror & she noticed an unusual car on her block. It was heavily tinted, illegally tinted. Lei didn't think much of it though, she had bigger fish to fry. For example, explaining to her mother that she was absolutely not on drugs. After exactly 10 minutes & 35 seconds, she began to head inside. Leslie Bennet was sitting on the couch awaiting her, surrounded by the mess of the raid.

"Hey..." Leilani whispered, readying herself for her mother's wrath.

"Leilani, please tell me you ain't on drugs," Her mom stood up to make her way to her, stepping over miscellaneous items on the carpet.

"Mom, I literally only smoke a little bit of weed & you know that."

"So why did the cops come barging into my house at 8 in the morning telling me that they received a tip that you got drugs in my house?"

A sigh, "This boy tried to take advantage of me last night & Fezco beat him up," Leslie's brows furrowed at Lei's response, "I'm really sorry, I tried to get away from the boy & I tried to get Fez to back down, but everything happened so fast & I guess he wants some sort of sick revenge now." Leilani's hands were fiddling with her necklace. Fezco had gotten her that necklace, well locket, sophomore year for her homecoming dance. Inside was a picture of them when they were still 4 & 5 years old. Leslie noticed her daughter's anxious state & backed down from her defensive state, she pulled Lei into a warm embrace. The duo would share around 3 hugs per year, so this wasn't something common.

"Do you know the boy?" Now this started a war in Leilani's mind.

If I tell my mom I know him then she'll press charges against my will. If she presses said charges, Alex will rat out Fez's drug dealing & that he assaulted him. If I don't tell my mom, Alex will stalk me fucking forever & probably send the police to raid Fezco's house anyways, just like he did mines. Except they'll find something for sure. What the fuck do i d-