06

✩。:*•

✩。:*•.───── 🎀 ─────.•*:。✩

NIGHT HAD FALLEN, casting a shroud of darkness over the city as we made our way back to the hotel. Engulfed in conversation, we laughed together, finding joy in the simplest and most random topics.

Although my encounter with Osamu had happened less than two days ago, I felt an inexplicable connection towards him, as if we've known each other our entire lives.

After the short walk, we found ourselves standing before the hotel. Osamu's soft voice broke the silence, his words tinged with a touch of longing. "I hope we can find more opportunities to meet, even though you'll be departing tomorrow morning," he murmured.

I reciprocated his sentiment, my words carrying a gentle sincerity. "Yes, i hope so too. you should come visit me in Miyagi sometime." I replied, my voice filled with warmth.

⋆ ˚。⋆୨୧˚

Entering my room, Toru laid on the bed, observing his phone. His attention briefly shifted my way as he informed me, "Get ready. We're heading out for dinner with Inarizaki's team. Dress formally~" With that, his eyes returned to the screen.

"Got it," I replied, heading to the bathroom.

After getting ready, I chose an elegant black cotton dress, its delicate puff sleeves highlighting my shoulders. As I searched for a purse, I noticed Toru's gaze lingering on me for a moment, but he remained silent.

"Wow, I have such beautiful sister!" he complimented, rising from the bed.

He pocketed his phone and wallet, approaching with an outstretched arm, inviting me to hold it. Without hesitation, I accepted, linking my arm with his.

Despite being used as a connection to Toru by others or enduring countless comparisons, we had always shared a genuine closeness.

Entering the hotel lobby, our team gravitated toward me, showering kind words and attention. "You look lovely, Akira-chan," Iwazumi smirked. "You don't look so bad yourself, Iwa-kun!" I grinned.

"Iwa could you snap a pic of us?" Asked Toru, iwazumi agreed to it and we took a brother and sister photo. When we finished taking the picture, Toru unlocked my phone and posted it on my instagram story.

"Alright, everyone, head to the bus," the coach announced, drawing our attention.

A sense of foreboding gnawed at me, an intuition that this newfound warmth might not last. Or maybe it will.

As we prepared to join the Inarizaki team for dinner, I couldn't shake the feeling that the evening held more surprises than just a formal gathering.

Boarding the bus, the atmosphere buzzed with a mix of excitement and anticipation. As the engine started, I found a seat beside my brother, our teammates filling the bus with lively chatter.

I couldn't help but wonder about the unexpected warmth from our teammates earlier. Was it a fleeting moment of teamwork or the beginning of a more lasting connection?

Toru leaned over and whispered, "kira, brace yourself for some teasing. They're a rowdy bunch, but it's all in good fun."

I chuckled, ready for whatever antics awaited. The bus ambled through the city streets, the vibrant city lights flickering through the windows, casting a warm glow on our faces.

As the bus navigated turns and intersections, the teammates engaged in a spirited game of charades, laughter erupting whenever someone guessed correctly.

Toru joined in, his animated expressions adding to the amusement. Our teammates, usually rivals on the court, now found common ground in shared laughter.

I caught glimpses of more genuine-deep connections forming between teammates from both sides. The boundaries of competition blurred, replaced by an atmosphere of unity as we approached the restaurant. Toru and I exchanged knowing glances, silently acknowledging the unexpected turn of events.

The bus pulled up to the restaurant, and as the doors swung open, the lively chatter spilled into the night air. The Inarizaki team awaited us, their friendly faces reflecting the same sense of camaraderie that had filled the bus.

As we stepped off the bus, the anticipation for the evening ahead hung in the air, promising not just a formal dinner, but a shared experience that transcended the boundaries of the volleyball court.

TO BE CONTINUED

✩ ᵕ̈ ིྀ ! 06 •˙ ⌗ ⊱

A/N: here's Akira's dress so you can have a better visualization of it.

Also here's the picture Toru posted on Akira's instagram.