Issue #40: The Kiss

Start from the beginning

"Well was that you or was that The Ghost thing that tried to kill me?"

"It was me... I think... I thought..." I said before thinking back. The Crimson Ghost said he experimented with taking over complete control. And I realized I don't remember much of me and Dr. Cruz's last interview. Or Dr. Long's... or...

"And what about Terra and Blackfire? Ever since we've been back they've done nothing but tell me how great of a person you are. Or Colonel Flag? He checked up on you a couple times before going on another mission, talking about how good of a teammate you were. Or Killer Frost? She hasn't been friendly to anyone since I got here and she would come in and make sure you stayed alive during your coma and was almost as upset as I was when she thought you had died at the beginning of the mission and was the one to help me the most to break out when we found out you were still alive."

"I...I... You're probably just telling me things out of context that's not what's been happening."

"Why can't you just accept you're not a bad person!?"

"Because Elsa was never wrong and there has to be a reason I don't have any friends!"

"You do have friends! I'm your friend!"

No she's not.
"No you're not."

"Yes I am! Say it!" She put her hand under my chin and made me face her with eye contact. "Say I'm your friend!"

No she's not!
"No you're not!"

"I'm your friend!"

NO SHE'S NOT!
"No you're not!"

"I'm your friend!"

"No you're not!"

"I'M YOUR GIRLFRIEND!" She said before smashing her lips into mine. I fell back slightly before she pulled me back into the kiss by my shirt.

I felt my eyes glaze over for a second and the sound of a scream like AAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHhhhh ʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰʰ ₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕₕ... that soon faded away. My eyes were wide open with shock and I saw out of the corner of it a puff of smoke shaped like a skull disperse. I then focused on Cleo who's eyes were closed. She rested her arms on my shoulders before her eyes suddenly opened and she pushed herself away.

"I-I-I I'm sorry- I didn't mean t-to just- I-I don't know what came over m-" She began to stammer before I pulled her into another kiss. She melted into it almost instantly as she ran her fingers through my hair and I laid her down onto the bed. This one, a lot more passionate than the first with our mouths actually opened and our tongues exploring each other's mouths. She put her own hands under my shirt feeling up my back and I put a hand under her shirt and she let out a moan as she felt my hand against the skin on her stomach and slowly make its way up. And just as I was about to make contact-

"Oi! Do you two not have any respect for the dead!?" I jumped at the sound of Boomerang speaking. I looked behind and he was being pushed in with handcuffs on and a black eye. He was grinning and I could see one of his yellow teeth were missing but I don't remember if that was new or not. He nudged over to Peacemaker's unconscious body. "I mean, neither do I, but I just wanted ta make sure we were all on the same level of terrible. I rememba the first time I shagged next to a corpse."

"You two! If you're not hurt, get the fuck out!" A guard said.

"All of the blood on this bed is mine from the last ten minutes." I said.

"Well are you bleeding right now?"

"No, I just got him to stop bleeding around five min-"

"Then get the fuck out!" The guard interrupted Cleo.