Epilogue

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Darkness comes in waves. Waves of chaos, guilt, and hurtful things. Nobody searches for it; at least that's what they thought. It consumes the brightest spaces and invades the purest hearts to walk the earth. It latches on to the least expectant, forcing control in unwanted ways.

They always knew that this wasn't the end of things... The Power Rangers knew the Morphin Masters had returned their powers for a reason. Nobody expected that reason would be to fight against the Void Queen, the worst enemy they have dealt with. Far more cruel and foul than Void Knight ever was. A determined enemy and terrible force to be reckoned with. But the Void Queen could not complete her mission without help.

That night before her senior year, Anna had set off to bed after everyone had left that night. But when she retreated to her room for the night, something strange happened. A darkness surrounded her in the most comforting way. It presented the prettiest of gems and Anna could not refuse the offer made. It was calling to her, begging her to step forward to help it. It slithered over her skin in a taunting manner that left Anna scared and confused until she could hear it - the voice coming from the gem that was floating in the middle of the room.

I swept over her like a warm hug as it slipped into her mind. She held the gem in her hand, a whole new persona adapting from the Anna everybody knew. A creature so persuasive that it took the purest soul and corrupted it at the price of a black diamond. She didn't know what would happen when she reached out and grabbed it. An energy blast surged the room - knocking things off her shelves, blowing her curtains out of place, and grasping onto her heart.

She ran her fingers over it, feeling all the edges as she stared into the heart of it. The voice in her head told her exactly what she needed to do - destroy the Power Rangers and finish the work of Void Knight.

A mission she didn't second guess or question in the slightest bit. The Anna everyone knew, was no longer there, the darkness was her ever present state and she understood the control over her.