(7) Unique Understanding

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

Anna was a little bummed when the girls got up early and had to leave. She wished she was going with them on their camping trip, but she tried not to dwell on it as she found something else to distract her from thinking about.

"Hm." Izzy looked down at her phone as she slung her bag over her shoulder.

"What?" Amelia asked.

"That was Javi. He says he's not going now. That he doesn't feel well." Izzy shrugged.

"Weird." Amelia commented.

Anna ran her hands through her hair, using her fingers to detangle the knots that were there. She looked at the two girls as they gathered all of their things before Anna walked them out. She had a plan for when they left. Clean her room and then head to the treehouse to hopefully make some progress on her work.

She waved to the girls as they headed down the sidewalk. She watched them turn the corner before going inside and going up to tidy her room. Though the girls didn't affect her in the present moment, Anna couldn't stand looking at the disorder when she walked back in. She folded blankets and placed them back in the closet where they belonged and then began making her own bed.

Then she followed her normal routine and got ready for the moment - forgetting to take her medicine in the process. It wasn't going to harm her by not taking it, but she would surely be more anxiety ridden and symptomatic throughout the day. Again, not a bad thing - but sometimes it annoyed her.

Anna pulled on the straps of her backpack as she walked towards her trail. The clouds were gloomy as she walked and she wondered if it was going to rain. She had thoughts about going back, but she decided to take her chances anyway. The air was rather warm but it was comfortable to her as she kicked at the gravel while she walked.

She skipped over fallen twigs as she walked the trail and gravitated towards the treehouse. She stopped to look at Dinohenge and then made her climb up the ladder. When she reached the top, she heard muttering and tapping coming from inside. She paused on the platform and peered inside, seeing that it was Javi sitting there with headphones on and a stick in his hand that he was using to tap against the boards.

She walked closer, seeing that he still hadn't noticed her as he blankly stared away from the entrance. She gripped one of her backpack straps and then gently kicked him in the side of the head. He looked up at her like a deer in the headlights and ripped off his headphones. Anna sat down next to him and then opened her bag, pulling her computer out - fully prepared to work as she talked with him.

"Sorry..." Javi looked at her.

"For what?" She slowly typed her password in and waited for her computer to load.

"Stealing your spot." he said.

"I don't own the treehouse," she shrugged, "Why didn't you go camping?"

"Well, still... you found it first." Javi shrugged back.

"As long as you're fine with me being here too, then it can be both of our spot." Anna suggested.

"I think that sounds like a fair compromise." Javi agreed with a cheeky little smile on his face as she looked at the girl sitting next to him.

"Why didn't you go camping?" she repeated.

"Just didn't feel like it." he muttered.

"Is everything alright?" she wondered as she started fidgeting with the little usb plug that was plugged into the side of her computer for a wireless mouse. She pulled it out and shoved it back in - repeating the movement in sequences of three's before stopping for a few seconds and returning to it.