(4) Treehouse Talks

✿❯────「✿」────❮✿

"Laptop, notebook, pillow, backpack..."

Anna mentally checked her list three times before zipping her bag. With Kurt and Linda both leaving for work, she needed a change of scenery and wanted to take her writing with her. She had one place in mind, the treehouse she had stumbled upon at Dinohenge. The perfect brief escape to be unbothered and focused.

She slung the bag over her shoulders, holding each strap in her hands as she shuffled out of the door. Her hair blew in her face with a small gust of wind and she only shook the hair out of her sight. She skipped along the sidewalk, trying to keep the urges of jumping to every other sidewalk spot at bay by humming a little tune she had stuck in her head.

She loved the days her dad and soon to be step mother worked because she had more free time than usual. They weren't there to ask for help around the house or with Aris - although after the incident in the park; she was sure Linda would never let her watch him again. Anna tried not to think about it as she trotted along to her path.

She dropped her hands from the strap when she reached the treehouse. The area was quiet with the exception of the small breeze blowing in the wind. The weather wasn't too bad when she walked through the woods. The treetops covered the sun and blocked the heat radiating from the rays. Regardless, she made sure to bring along plenty of fluids because she knew she was bound to get hot or thirsty at some point. She even stuffed a few snacks in her bag.

"This spot is so pretty..."

She carefully climbed the ladder and set her bag down. Her first task was to clear all the broken limbs and as much of the dirt off the platform as she could before making herself a comfortable spot between the railing and the wall of the outside of the house.

There was far less debris than she thought, and it took much less time to clear than she had anticipated. She had two things on her mind, write the book she had been working on for quite some time now... and forget about everything else. All she wanted was a peaceful day to let the creative juices flow.

Anna pulled her things out of her bag, dropping the pillow down on the ground before sitting on it. She crossed her legs out in front of her before placing her laptop in her lap and turning it on. The ancient piece of equipment turned on slowly, but served the only purpose she needed it for. A mobile writing station. When she was at home, she preferred working on her desktop or even handwriting out her work.

When the laptop turned on she opened her file and read over the previous section she had written days ago. Then she started typing away, trailing off in broken thoughts of her work and just the things at home that had been bothering her. She continued humming along to a tune that had been stuck in her head since she woke, and just worked. No distractions, no added noises, and no disruptive thoughts.

She was having an exceptionally good day in terms of her OCD and she enjoyed those days more than anything. Though, she did have her moments - just like any other day, but today was minimal and it always made for a much more productive day.

"Cool spot!" Anna jumped as she looked down towards the ground. Standing at the bottom of the treehouse was Javi. He looked up at her with a curious look like he was waiting for an invitation.

Anna sighed, "You just scared the living crap out of me!"

"My bad." he chuckled.

"What made you think that sneaking up on a girl in the middle of the woods was a good idea?" she glared down.

"What made you think sitting alone in the middle of the woods was a good idea?" he countered.

"Do you need something?" Anna asked.