Scared Champ

Lisa accompanies her daughter to her soccer game.

J: "Are you sure you'll be alright? I can stay there at least half an hour, I guess... I'm sure they can wait a little longer."

Jennie said worriedly. She knows how their daughter can get a hella nervous every single game day she has.

Lisa smiled at her wife. They both love their daughter so much that they are willing to sacrifice anything for little Jane.

L: "I got her. And we both know that. We already told her the situation in the office an she understands why you can't go with us."

Lisa pulled Jennie for a hug and caressed her back soothingly. "I know you're worried but I promise you I'll take good care of her and handle whatever situation we'll encounter."

Jennie pulled back, just enough to give Lisa a chaste kiss on her lips. "I'm always grateful for having you, you know that? Thank you Lili and I love you. So much.."

L: "We're bound to be together, my Love. I love you so much more." She smiled sweetly at Jennie and pulled away when they heard their daughter coming from the stairs.

J: "You got everything you need, baby?" Jane nodded and smiles at her mom.

Jennie sighed and crouched to level her daughter's height.

J: "I'm sorry I couldn't go with you today, baby. But I promise that I'll meet you and Lili afterwards. I'll be cheering for you, okay? I'll make Momma do FaceTime with me during the game."

L: "Right! I'm sure Mommy Jen can make it. We'll always make a way, love.." Lisa smiled tenderly at her little family.

Ja: "I understand, Mommy. You already told me and it's okay. I love you, Moms."

J: "And we love you too, baby. Always." She hugged her daughter tight and kisses her head.

L: "Let's head out now, sweet cheeks. Our have a meeting to catch and we have a game to slay. Right, love?" Trying to lift the mood.

Ja: "Yes Momma! Let's go, mom!" Jane dashed to the car with her parents tailing behind her, smiling sweetly to her.

20 minutes later, Lisa and Jane are alone in the car, almost at there destination. Lisa kept on glancing towards her daughter when she felt that Jane was getting uncomfortable on her sit, probably because of nervousness.

L: "Are you alright, love?" Lisa finally asked after giving her daughter some time for herself.

Ja: "Ne... Momma..." Jane kept her head low, playing with the tip of her Jersey.

L: "Were almost there, love. I can't wait to see you play and win today's game.." Lisa Smiled warmly and winked at Jane when she saw her looked at her briefly, still agitated.

They finally arrived and Lisa made her way to open the door for her daughter right after she parked the car. She took a deep breathe before she faced her daughter, crouched to her level, and softly called her to get her attention.

L: "Jane.. You can tell me anything and everything, love.. I'm always right here.. I'll listen no matter what."

Jane slowly looked at her mom, a few tears escaped her eyes after what she just heard.

Ja: "What if we lose, Momma? What if I trip and get hurt? I'm scared, Momma." She fidgeted with her fingers while crying quietly.

Lisa took her daughter's hands and caressed them. "We will never know if we would not try, sweetheart... If you lose, it's okay. I know you'll still learn something from it and that's what matters more.. It's okay if you trip, it will only mean that youre trying your best. Besides I know a lot of professionals who tripped before. It's normal." She ruffled Jane's hair.

L: "And if you ever get hurt, always know that I'm here. You just call me and I'll be right beside you. There's also your friends, coaches, and other people to help. It's okay to feel scared, my love. But never dwell on it.. because I know you can do this. You're talented and a hard worker, you trained hard for this."

Jane stared at her mom and slowly, her tears dried.

L: "Now we'll go there, you'll play and show them what you got. And I can't wait to cheer for you and call mommy Jen to show how good you'll do today. Just Enjoy and do what you love, sweet cheeks."

Jane smiled brightly at her Momma and reached for her bag.

Lisa noticed it and also reached to remove Jane's seat belt before offering her hand.

L: "Let's go, baby? Your friends are waiting for you. See?" I gestured to where her teammates are huddled, preparing for the game.

Ja: "Okay, Momma. Thank you, Momma." She grabbed Lisa's face softly and kissed her lips. "I love you, Momma."

Lisa's heart melted and she just wish her daughter will never doubt herself ever again. "I love you too, my little Jane."

Moments like this made Lisa very thankful that her wife's caring being and wonderful mouth rub on her as they both know how poor, honestly, Lisa is with verbalization.

That day, they went home to a mini surprise from Jennie who bought Jane's favorite ice cream,peppering her kisses as they uttered there congratulatory messages for Jane's another win.

======================================

Did not proof read. Apologies for any mistakes.