Hit!

   I lay on Marinette's chest, heavily breathing. I struggle, barely able to lift myself. I'm so tired, my antennas go limp and brush against her soaking shirt.

   "I...I need you, Marinette."

   I float up and shoot down again.

   "That's why you can't give up! You have to live for the people you love and live your life!"

   I collide into her chest the hardest I've managed. Marinette's body reacts, immediately sitting up and puking out water. As she takes in huge gulps of air, she breaks out into a coughing fit. I fall onto the floor completely exhausted and my body aches. Yet, I manage a smile. I'm so relieved and happy to see her awake.

   Seeing her alive.

   "T...Tikki," Marinette rasps out, laying back down. Tired bluebell eyes look at me in confusion about what's going on.

   "Marinette!" I cheer, levitating a bit off the ground. I go over and hug my holder's cheek. I can feel her cheek move into a smile, cupping me with her hand. I can't believe I saved her! I can't believe she survived! With how long she was out, she should have been dead. Marinette sure is a lucky girl.

   I nearly forgot the current events happening with Chat Noir.

"Marinette, you need to go after Chat Noir. I'm afraid he's going to make a terrible mistake if you don't stop him," I quickly explain. I really don't want to rush Marinette after nearly dying (not that she knows that yet). But Chat Noir needs Ladybug—needs to know she is alive. That she is okay.

"What?" Marinette questioned, seeming to be less tired and more panicked, "What's he going to do, Tikki? Where is he?"

"I don't know where he is going or what he is about to do. But he looked really angry like..." I gulp, a bit hesitant to continue. It's crazy to think Chat (or Adrien) would be capable of doing...such awful things. But it seemed really clear earlier what his intent is.

"Like what?" Marinette asked on the edge. I look up at her, answering, "...like he is about to kill someone."

{+}{+}{+}

Chat Noir's P.O.V

She's alive.

Those are the only words echoing in my head right now. My body relaxes and my shoulders slump from the pulsing stiffness. The adrenaline wears off and emotions begin to take over. I forget everything around me for a few moments, taking in Ladybug.

A very much alive and breathing Ladybug. Am alive Marinette. She's alive. I can't believe it. She's alive! She's okay! She's not laying dead on the ground but floating right here in front of me alive. I gulp, realizing my Cataclysm is still activated. I look at my bubbling hand, about ready to create whatever I touch into ashes.

About turning a living being into ashes.

I quickly swim backwards and feel my hands tremble at what I was about to do. I touch a piece of artwork, getting rid of my vile power. I let out a shuddering breath, feeling the walls closing in around me as they did in the ventilation system.

I'm in disbelief, not wanting to acknowledge the fact of what I almost did if Ladybug hadn't shown up. What I would've done if she didn't stop me. I don't even believe it myself. It was like watching a movie from my perspective, without having any control over my actions. But the thing is, I did. I blacked out in my rage but was aware of what I was doing.

"What...what happened to me?" I thought, looking at my hand that once held destruction, "I need to get out of here. I can't face her right now."

I glance back at Ladybug, seeing her getting the object where the akuma has been hiding. She doesn't need my help cleaning up the rest of this mess. She never did...