𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙣𝙩𝙮

+ + +

+ + +

KINGO'S JET 2023

"BELIEVE ME, YOU get used to the cold," Delphi remarked, soft laughs escaped her flawlessly shaped lips, "and it can actually get warm in the summer."

"I'll take your word for it," Druig retorted. The tone of his gravelly voice was as enticing as ever, alluring to Delphi like a siren to a sailor, "I'm still not gonna go to Finland. Me and the cold just don't get along."

Albeit Delphi being the Seer, Druig knew — without a shadow of a doubt — that he would visit the snowy Scandinavian country of Finland. It was indeed inevitable.

For Delphi, he would walk through the deepest pits of hell, swim across a frozen river, climb the highest mountain, give up every moral he ever believed in. If it were her or the Sun, Druig would happily live in darkness with her beaming existence and radiant soul being his only source of light and purity. Gladly, he would give his life for the beautiful, beautiful Delphi; nonetheless, he would not, could not tell her that. She, tender and serene by nature, understood him in a way no one else seemed to. A mere split-second expression on his face would easily be caught and effortlessly translated by her melancholy eyes. Irises like diamonds, skin of ivory, glowing cheeks of a blooming rose and a smile that dazzled so brightly the stars were envious. It was as if she had just walked out of a sonnet dedicated to one's greatest love: Petrarch's Laura could not compare. More than ever, the man of pitch hair and tantalising eyes thanked Arishem — despite his intense contempt for the Celestial being — for gifting him the ability to read one's mind rather than anyone else around him; even though no one was watching or listening to the pair.

Everyone else was talking around them, as if an unbreakable bubble had formed around Druig and Delphi. Nearest to them was Kingo, Karun, Thena and Sprite, who were all discussing Kingo's documentary, which was being filmed by Karun. Sprite seemed the least interested in it, her mischievous, covetous gaze often flicked to Ikaris and Sersi. Both Druig and Delphi noted it, they both knew why the Illusionist was doing what she doing: Sprite was in love with Ikaris, an unrequited love at that.

'Poor Sprite,' thought the Seer. Sprite was looked down on, overlooked, disregarded, neglected because she was trapped within the body of a child. It wasn't her fault. She was as old as everyone else — with the exception of Karun, who was essentially a newborn compared to the Eternals — yet they treated her as an inferior. Delphi felt immense sympathy for Sprite. However, Delphi was also bitter that Sprite could ever experience something akin to childhood. She and the other Eternals were captive in the bodies of adults in the same Sprite was as a child.

A carefreeness came with youth: free from anxiety and responsibility.

Unconsciously, the brunette stopped knitting — which she had been for the entire time she and Druig spoke, and when she thought about Sprite's unfathomable predicament — something the man across from her forthwith took notice of. The bones of some item of clothing rested gently on her lap. It was, from Druig's minuscule knitting knowledge, the beginnings of a pair of thick mittens of vibrant red with accents of gold. They seemed too big for her, though. Her hands were small, fingers slender, whereas the red and gold gloves seemed sizeable and tailored for someone with hands nearly double her own. Who would Delphi make gloves for? "I think I'm going to go change before we land," announced Delphi before she got up and left Druig with a sudden dizzy feeling and an ache in his stone heart.

Cerberus shifted to allow her to leave. He whined at her disappearance but stayed put. Then the blue-eyed girl's intelligent companion turned to the man, seeing the love-sick glaze in his eyes. "Don't look at me like that," Druig instructed, feeling foolish that he even tried. Obviously, Cerberus did not listen to Druig. Only even Delphi, his loyal companion.

"Did you seriously just try to tell a dog what to do?" Kingo asked appearing next to him. The man nearly snorted at Druig's shocked face — it was difficult to catch him off guard. Druig did not respond, only grumbled lowly, pulling needlessly on his black leather jacket. "Come on Lover Boy, you gotta tell her how you feel."

"I don't know what you're talking about," Druig tried to deflect unsuccessfully, "and don't call me 'Lover Boy'-"

"A blind man could see the heart eyes you give Delphi every time you look at her. Or even when just her name is mentioned," explained the Movie Star, expressing his thoughts despite his often dislike towards Druig, "look I know Delphi, she has been in love with you for as long as I can remember. But someone can only wait so long before their heartbreaks and then they move on. I've already met someone who also likes her and he lives in Finland while you won't even visit it. Pretty much the opposite of you: blond, doesn't scowl and I'd say he's pretty tall." Every word was the stone-cold truth. Kingo sensed Otto Jaakola and Delphi had some type of history. How else would they know each other for so long? The Fin seemed so unbothered by the fact she had not aged a day in decades. And while Druig was several inches above Delphi, Otto was several inches above him.

"So what if I do, Kingo," Druig quickly answered, not realising his fellow Eternals — minus the girl in question — were eagerly listening in, "so what if I do like her — or even love her? It doesn't, so just leave me alone."

What do you think? Please let me know if you have any ideas

Also, I'm thinking about doing a flashback with Delphi and Otto but I don't want to do too many flashbacks. Especially if no one likes them so do let me know what you think.

Please vote and comment.