𝙩𝙬𝙚𝙡𝙫𝙚

+ + +

+ + +

PERU 2023

WANDERING THROUGH THE dense rainforest, Delphi could already feel the sweat forming from the intense humidity. Something she was unaccustomed to. The group — who were not joined by Gilgamesh and Thena — had all learnt, from Sersi, the truth of what they, the Eternals, were. Beings incapable of evolution created by Arishem to rid Earth of the Deviants so that the human population can grow and eventually a new Celestial can be born. All of them felt lied to. Delphi didn't understand why she was never able to see the truth. Either what will happen or the planets and emergences they have helped in the past.

Now, they were searching for Druig. Someone that none of them had seen in centuries. It seemed he had created his own small civilisation deep within the Amazon Rainforest — that way they cannot be ruined by influences from the rest of mankind. Druig never agreed with not being involved with humans' conflict. He could stop it in a heartbeat.

Along with the acute humidity, the journey there was long and potentially dangerous. Who knew what lies hidden within the jungle? The plant life, however, intrigued the Seer to no end — such exotic greenery could never be grown in Finland. Vibrant flowers bloomed from rich green plants. Gentle flowing of water could faintly be heard but was over-powered once they reached Druig's settlement. Several wooden cabins were lined up next to each other; people of varying ages and appearances — who were all dressed similarly and orthodoxly — worked and wandered together. A small herd of alpacas were contained in a pen. It seemed peaceful.

As the group entered the camp, the people began to take notice of them, the outsiders. The people did not seem unwelcoming — a young boy even waved at Delphi as she passed him by, her face moulded into a shy smile at the young child.

"It's very nice here, sir," Karun declared to Kingo, who was standing near Delphi. She turned to look at the man who spoke and saw his camera directed at the Movie Star.

"Don't be fooled," Kingo breathed out, surveying the surroundings, "ignorance is bliss."

"What is that supposed to mean?" Delphi asked sharply. She knew what Kingo was implying and — although she considered them to be good friends — she didn't like it. Distantly, Sprite began communicating with a man in Spanish.

"That means..." Kingo began but he paused when they noticed every villagers' halted whatever they were doing and turned to face the largest of all the buildings, with big yellow doors. Their eyes were an unnatural gold. The Eternals all knew why: Druig was controlling them. The Eternals weaved through the people to stand in front of a small, rectangular pit of water.  The big yellow doors they were facing opened and out strutted Druig, the Mind Controller.