𝙚𝙞𝙜𝙝𝙩

+ + +

+ + +

KINGO'S JET 2023

AS SOON AS Ikaris, Sersi and Spite had killed the Deviant, the group left Finland on Kingo's private plane. The journey was going to be extremely long — Finland to Australia, where Gilgamesh and Thena lived, took nearly a day on a normal flight, Kingo's jet knocked off a few hours.

Delphi sat on a white leather chair, gazing out at the rolling clouds. Cerberus lay on the seat beside her, his favourite blanket covering most of his large body, though his large head was on his companion's lap — he sensed she needed consoling. How did the Deviants know where she was? It was dubious to think it had attacked the village without knowing of her presence. All around her, everyone indulged in conversations that did not interest her. Overthinking seemed more fun. 'Did anyone die? Could I have done more to help them? Why was I given non-combat powers?' thought the Seer. Hundreds of years ago, the same insecurities plagued her but someone was able to squash them. He believed she was invaluable to the team — Kingo told her this, too, but she only seemed to believe it when it came from him.

"Delphi," Sersi, who had silently slid into the seat opposite the brunette, spoke softly, "are you okay?"

'I don't know,' she thought. "Yes, thank you, I'm all good." She lied.

Sersi saw right through her. "There's no need to lie to me. And don't try to deny it, I've known you for centuries." The woman smiled kindly at her friend, who no longer focused on the blue sky.

"I feel...I just feel so useless..." the blue-eyed girl said quietly, sympathetic eyes narrowed on her shrinking figure, "I can't help fight the Deviants, I'm a liability."

"No, you are not," Sersi's accented voice was stern and unforgiving, "if it weren't for you we wouldn't have been able to find and kill the Deviants. No one thinks you're a liability — I certainly do not, nor does Kingo. And I know Druig never thought of you as one." She grew rigid at even his name — how was she going to face him? It had been so long yet every thought she had of him was magical, cosmic. Would he want to see her and the other Eternals? "You know I'm right, no more thinking so lowly of yourself."

"You're right, thank you, Sersi," the Seer beamed a radiant smile on her pretty face. "How are things with you and your husband?" Sersi cheeks heated rapidly at the inquiry.

"Well..." slowly began the flustered woman, "he left me some time ago, and we only met again when we were attacked."

"Oh, I had no idea I'm sorry. Is there anyone else in the picture — a dashing Brit, perhaps?" Delphi suggested while wiggling her eyebrows jokingly. When Sersi avoided the question by looking at her lap, Delphi knew there was someone else. "What's his name?"

"Dane...Dane Whitman — we work together at the Natural History Museum and this thing just developed between us." Sersi explained, her tone was chirpy, which did not go unnoticed by the Seer. Her friend went on to describe their first meeting and date — she seemed so happy with Dane. She had been happy with Ikaris — and Delphi always felt they were made for each other — but the way she spoke of Dane was something else.

"What are you two gossiping about?" Said Sprite, who had suddenly appeared in the seat beside Sersi, which made the pair flinch in surprise.

"Sprite! I've told you to stop doing that," the mellow woman scolded like a mother does their child. To Delphi, it was incredibly interesting that — despite all being thousands of years old — the Eternals had habitually treated the Illusionist as a child simply because she looks like one, "and we aren't gossiping. We are talking about London."

"I didn't realise Dane's new name was London — weird," Sprite jested in her usual sarcastic tone, "at least it's better than Dane. Who even names their kid that?"

"I assume Dane's parents," Delphi interjected from across the shiny table. Both Sersi and Sprite stifled a giggle, although they weren't very good at it.

Karun, with his heavy camera, pointed at the trio, appeared at the end of the table. Kingo was standing near enough that Delphi could send him a perplexed look in hopes of an explanation. "As you know, my favourite Seer, I am making a documentary so Karun is doing little interviews to find out about each Eternals powers." The actor summarised hoping the girl would agree.

"Well..." she started, pondering how to word her abilities, "I am a Seer so I have premonitions of the past and future and I can manipulate dreams."

"Don't forget being able to know every language. God your powers are mismatched!" Kingo exclaimed from off-camera, which prompted the brunette to give some type of clarification.

"I supposed it's because when I have my vision they can be any language and if I don't know what's being said I can't fully understand what's happening," Delphi spoke clearly with the desire to get the camera off her. When one simply thinks of what her powers are, they think of them as mismatched — like Delphi and her mugs. The reasoning was just what Delphi had come up with — she hadn't the faintest clue why she had her specific abilities. "I think I'm going to go change before we land."

Standing and walking to the galley, bag in hand, dog in tow, Delphi slipped into the unnecessarily big bathroom. The outback of Australia was a contrast to snowy Finland. She pulled out a basic, white, ribbed vest top with a pair of blue denim shorts, black lace-up boots, and an oversized shirt that she wasn't sure where it came from. She was glad she packed for multiple climates. Cerberus — who sat in the corner, refusing to leave his companion's side — whined out to her. "I'm sorry, have I not been giving you enough attention?" She fussed over the adorable Husky and spoke gently to him: "what are we going to do, Cerb? The Deviants are back and I didn't see them coming. At least we — well I will — get to see Druig again, I think you'll like him...I do."

"