(Phantom Bullet arc finale) Chapter 34: A step forward

Akiri: Take a left turn here

Currently, Akiri is in the passenger seat of his Rolls Royce, giving Alexander directions towards Shino's apartment building.

Akiri: Here. This is it

Alexander stopped the car and went to the trunk to grab Akiri's wheelchair and pushed it to the passenger side door for Akiri.

Akiri then climbed onto his wheelchair and looked back at Alexander.

Akiri: I'm just gonna go check on her. I want you to call Kikuoka and tell him to send police here just in case

Alexander only nodded as he went back inside the car.

Akiri then started to search for Shino's room. He remembers her saying that she's on the second floor, so he immediately went to go up the stairs

As he just got to the second floor, he suddenly heard screaming coming from one of the doors and Akiri knew that it was Shino.

Akiri: (thoughts) Sinon...!

He immediately went towards where the shouting and screaming coming from.

Akiri: (thoughts) Please be okay...

As he reaches the door he quickly opens it as it wasn't locked and entered the room to see a girl with short black hair, wearing a pair of glasses, pinned on the floor by a boy with brown hair, wearing a green jacket.

Without a second thought, Akiri pushes the controls to the forwards position and got close to them.

He then grabbed the boy's arm, and pulled him back, freeing Shino from his grasp.

Boy: What the?!

The boy have been caught off guard as he started to struggle himself out of Akiri's hands, however, Akiri held on tight using all his strength.

Akiri: Shino, run! Get help!

Shino: Akiri...?

Shino looked completely shocked to see Akiri in front of her.

Boy: Let go!

As the boy struggles out of Akiri's grasp, Akiri was pulled out of his wheelchair and they fell to the ground, still not letting go as his wheelchair was kicked away.

Boy: What the hell are you doing?!

As they struggled against each other, the boy managed to overpower him and he pinned Akiri down and got on top of him as he started to repeatedly bash his face.

Boy: Stay away! Stay away from my Shino!

Akiri could only put his arms up defended himself from the blows as best he can.

The boy reels his fist back for another hit, but Akiri quickly catches his punch. The boy went to use his other fist, but Akiri grabbed it as well.

Boy: What?!