I continued to push myself through crowds of panicking citizens, repeating the same yells above the chaos; "Evacuate to the castle! Keep an eye on the young and the elderly!"

Within the hour, most of the capital was deserted. As time went on, I frequently encountered more and more bandits closer to the castle. It became clear what had happened; a decoy force had been sent to the East gate, while a larger force broke in from the West. And then, from the other gates, small groups of bandits snuck in.

All of them were trying to get to one place– the castle.

I heaved for breath, leaning against a wall. God, I was getting tired. I didn't sleep last night and I hadn't eaten, and it was taking it's toll. I reached and grabbed an apple-like fruit from a nearby stand. I bit into it, lifting my mask slightly.

Of course, the bandits running towards me didn't have a care for my recharge moment. I grunted and switched the hand I was holding it in as the first bandit approached. I lunged and drove my knife into the fleshy part of their jaw. It was a demon's second weak point– if you hit it with enough force, you could reach the core behind their third eye. (Though it was hard to hit it from long distance.)

The bandit slumped and I fumbled the apple in my hand, nearly dropping it. Next thing I knew, I was challenged by a tall demon; at least 15 feet tall. I ducked and rolled, going for the ankles. The massive demon swung a huge battle axe down at me, but soon fell to their knees as their Achilles tendons were severed.

In the seconds before they could regenerate, I levered the mask off their face from behind and then redirected my blade, plunging it into their middle eye.

I took out another 3 bandits before I finally managed to finish my apple. I tossed the core on the ground– hey, a lot of stuff was going on, no one was going to mind a little litter in this chaos.

(Poppy did)

"What the hell is Sonju doing?" I muttered at last, wiping juice off my mouth with my hand and then pulling down my mask.

I ran through the streets, looking for people to help or bandits to kill. I was moving through town square when Zev burst inside from the end opposite of me, followed by his friends.

"Oh, shit." I cussed, taking a few steps back. Zev noticed me now, and raised his huge sword at me easily, like it was a toy.

"There she is!" just as the bandit said these words, from the left side of the town square, a herd of at least 20 bandits burst into the area.

"Freaking hell." I spun and ran as fast as my legs could carry me, ducking into alleyway after side-street while a small army chased after me.

I finally shook them off when I dove through a window, knocking over a shelf and bruising my ribs in the process. The group of bandits ran past the house, missing me.

I groaned and pushed myself to my feet, stumbling out of the small house. "I'll have to pay them back for that..." I grimaced, glancing behind myself at my destruction.

I took a few steps back down the street wearily, when Zev suddenly strolled in, blocking my path. "You have got to be kidding me." I groaned.

"What did I ever do to you?" I called down the street, grabbing more throwing knives from my belt. "I quite like being alive, you know!!"

Zev didn't answer and instead broke into a run, wielding his huge sword.

"Mommy." I squeaked, fumbling my knives.

Though, as I ducked under Zev's first swing, it was not 'mommy' who came to my rescue. Instead, as a deafening "clang!" resounded through the clearing, Sonju blocked Zev's blade with his spear.