//Stupid Pig//

Demon oc art is done 😼😼 I have 2 more projects I'm working on for this book (For 300K & for the 1 year anniversary that has either already passed or is soon)

-> Idk if I'll ever finish those but yk 🕺🕺

Have a good time reading besties <3

-----

Mike Ratri chewed his thumbnail anxiously, an angry grimace on his face. He shuffled more papers around on his desk, trying to read through them but he found himself too distracted to retain a single word.

"Stupid brats." He muttered, pausing his pointless paper-scanning at last and pinching the bridge of his nose in an attempt to relieve his stress.

"Agents, leave the room." The Ratri sighed suddenly, placing his hands on his desk and standing up from his chair. The bodyguards standing on either side of his doorway perked up, staring at the man for a moment before exiting.

"I need to make a phone call."

——-

I watched the demons leave the clearing via a tree as I'd instructed, quietly opening my satchel and placing a piece of herb in my mouth.

My hope was to delay any scouts that might be sent for me, and to send a message to Sonju without risk of it being disrupted.

Once everyone had climbed up the large tree I began my own climb, nimbly crawling up the trunk, finding purchase easily under my fingers and boots. As soon as I reached the top, I glanced around myself, waiting for a moment no one would be looking at me and then removing Mujika's necklace from under my tunic and draping it over a small broken branch.

I prayed the message would be clear to Sonju; that I was unharmed and didn't need immediate help. It might be a bit much to expect that from a necklace, but Sonju knew while I was reckless, I wasn't so careless to lose something so precious to Mujika.

As such, that I had chosen to drape it on the branch myself and expected it to be found would be inferable. The fact that I didn't leave a more obvious message would spell I was being watched.

I then scurried to catch up with the others, who were already carefully scaling to the next tree, the elderly (though there weren't many of those ) and the children climbing across first.

Our group was heading to the abandoned farm of horrors, the one-and-only Lambda.

The night before I'd asked Cozbi if she had any idea about the location of the newer experimental farm. Thankfully, while in hiding, the demon clan avoided heavily-populated areas- and Lambda was one of the ones they knew about, especially because of how trafficked the area had been, until brother dearest blew half of it off the map. 

After finally getting everyone to give me a map, which didn't come before some name-calling, I was able to get them to point out the approximate location. From my own knowledge of what the farm looked like and it's surroundings, thanks to a few sparse manga panels in my memory, I was able to narrow down the location. 

The journey to Lambda would take 8 days.

"Why Lambda?" I'd been asked a few times here and there. See, if I'm to save these demons, I can start working on a cure there- after all, the goal of Lambda was to find a way to artificially modify humans. Even if the goal was to find a way that even mass-produced humans could have the same brain and body development as high-grade farms, there was sure to be some material there regarding genetic modification.