This is Bad -Chapter 1

Start from the beginning

Gotham was really big. Really, really big. Almost 10 times as big as Amity park. This was taking him a lot longer than he thought it would. By now, he was getting to the outskirts of one side of the city, and it was just one side! He could still feel the light pull of the ghost he was following.

Now he was above some sort of castle or manor that seemed quite gothic. Danny didn't know what else he could do. He felt like he was running a wild goose chase. He was almost thinking of giving up and flying back for a good two hours rest, when suddenly a green shot fired up at him.

It was so sudden that Danny didn't have time to dodge. At first, when he saw the blast fired at him he assumed it was a ghost. Probably the one he had been following for the last hour. But that theory changed the moment the blast collided with him.

It had the sting of ectoplasm, but it was definitely not from a ghost. A ghost's ectoplasm felt more natural and raw, but this felt like it was made of some dampened electricity, like the ectoplasm was synthetic or reused. It hurt like hell, all the same.

Danny fell out of the sky, He barely managed to catch himself in the air, just above the ground, when another shot was fired at him, hitting his back. He was out.

)-(

Tim has been having a bad week. For the last 3 weeks, there had been ghosts attacking Gotham, and they still don't know why. The moment the ghosts first showed up, they had no idea how to get rid of the things. They would wreak havoc, and for some reason they always tried to get close to the bat cave. Sometimes too close for the bat's liking, like they were drawn there somehow.

After some careful research, courtesy of one Tim Drake, they discovered that there were ways to take down this type of ghost using ectoplasm-based weapons. Although most of them were blasters, they figured out how to use the tech to make a shield that could form around the bat cave. It was able to stop the ghosts from phasing in or out.

That was until another ghost showed up on the scanners. This one seemed different than the ones before it. Dick had gone out with Damian to stop it from getting any closer.

Tim was very surprised when they came back into the cave with the ghost unconscious in Dick's arms. "What did you do! I thought you were just going to scare it off?" Tim stood up from his chair and rushed over.

The ghost had taken the shape of a boy with a black and white jumpsuit on and fluffy white hair. A dim white light radiating off of him.

"We were, but when Grayson shot it, it just fell to the ground. And then he shot it again when it stopped moving," Daiman answered, crossing his arms. He tapped his foot on the ground.

"But why did you bring it into the cave!?" Tim shouted.

Grayson moved the boy slightly. He was surprisingly very light. "Well we figured—"

"—Grayson figured." Damian butted in.

"I figured that this one looked a lot more sentient than the other ones we've been scaring off. I think we might be able to talk with this one and get some answers for all of this ghostly-ness. It's getting out of hand."

Tim looked between his older adopted brother and the ghost in his arms. It looked remarkably stable and... human. Nothing like the other ones that had come across their hideout. Maybe he was right. And if they could find out why, then they could find out how to stop it before anyone gets hurt.

"We got this new containment device." Tim said. He walked towards the bat computer console, and about twenty feet away from it, on a platform, stood a five by five cage made out of green bars. It was about eight feet tall and had a gray panel on the roof and the floor. The panel on the roof held all of the important wiring. "Fenton Tech. From my research, it should work..."

Damian narrowed his eyes. "That looks an awful lot like a cage." He glanced between the teenage-looking boy in his brother's arms and back at the 'containment device'.

"We won't keep it there for long, little wing. Don't worry about it. He will be as free as a ghost-bird when we finish getting answers for our questions." Grayson readjusted the boy in his arms to try and ruffle the young robin's hair, who in return jumped back and sent his brother his famous glare.

Dick turned around and opened the door of the cage and carefully placed the ghost down inside. When the door closed it made a beeping sound before a voice erupted from it. "Thank you for using the Fenton Ghost Cage. Please keep at least 5 feet away from the specter at all times in risk of possession. Happy hunting and may the ghost not murder your family."

Grayson raised an eyebrow. "What kind of greeting is that?"

Damian rolled his eyes and started to walk away. "I'll contact Father."

)-(

Danny woke up slowly, his eyes not fully opening. His whole body ached and his core was thrumming with energy. It hurt slightly as it tried to replenish his ectoplasm.

He heard the familiar buzz of Fenton tech and felt something burning his shoulder. His eyes widened as he tried to sit up. He quickly stood back from the bars his back had been against that were burning him. This was definitely a Fenton tech cage. But how did he get stuck in one? Oh, crud. This was not good.

He looked around and saw a bunch of tech and cars and other things in the room around him. He quickly looked up and saw stalactites hanging down from the roof. He was in a cave?! Now he knows he's in a ghost trap in a cave, and there were probably ghost hunters somewhere nearby that were using his parent's tech. Maybe even his parents! He didn't even know if he was in Gotham anymore.

His breathing began to pick up as he felt panic rushing in. (Not that he needed to breathe in his ghost form, it was more of a habit than anything.) He glanced around the room, and then heard a sound coming from behind his cage. He whipped his head around to see BATMAN! Standing about six feet away from him. Jazz is gonna kill him.

)-(

Notes:

Beta Read by: gamma_radio (Ao3)

COVER ART BY: 'CheeseKatze' (Kat-insomniac Artist)

Lol, I am very happy with this story. I was originally gonna make it a one-shot. But I figured, why not mix it with a few of my other ideas and make a full story? There will be lots of humorous scenes on their way.

For clarification, Danny is 16 and about the same age as Tim. Danny Fenton does not look like any of the bat family. I am not doing a secret twin separated at birth thing.

Please tell me your thoughts! I love to read the comments, and if you have any suggestions for stuff you want to see in future chapters I might add it! :D