"Ok, before I start, Daphne I will require your oath that you won't reveal anything you hear today." Harry said in a voice that made it clear that he wasn't going to budge on that point.

Daphne looked wary, and turned towards Hermione. She knew that Hermione would stick up for her, and she had always disagreed on many of the Pureblood customs. Oaths being one of them.

"I'm sorry Daphne, but it is necessary." Hermione answered her unspoken question.

"Don't be so dramatic Potter, it can't be that serious." Daphne stalled, her mind going over ways to get out of giving her oath.

"It is." Harry said sternly.

Daphne looked towards Harry who had answered her, and was struck silent at the serious look directed at her. She gave her oath quickly.

Emma had rejoined them at this point, and served everyone some coffee.

Harry glanced at Hermione, and nodded once, indicating that she would be the one who would be doing most of the talking.

"Mom, Dad, what I told you earlier, there is a crucial fact that I left out." Hermione began.

"You mean there's more!" Dan exclaimed angrily. Emma immediately put a warning hand on his shoulders.

"Yes. To put it bluntly, the Wizarding World is at the brink of a war."

"War? Against whom?" Dan asked hotly. The other occupants of the room gave curious glances at Hermione's statement.

"Voldemort." Hermione said, sighing slightly at the shuddering gasps that escaped Daphne's and Tonks's lips.

"But Hermione, the books that you got told us that he was dead. He died when he tried to attack Harry . . ." Emma said, trailing off at the end, not quite sure how to say the rest.

"The professor that attacked Harry in our First year was possessed by Voldemort. The Basilisk that attacked the School in Second year was acting under the orders of Voldemort. The true culprit of betraying the Potter's was a servant of Voldemort. I assure you mom, Voldemort is very much alive, and he has been targeting Harry ever since he stepped foot in Hogwarts." Hermione said firmly.

"But, that's impossible. The Ministry . . ." Tonks started, but was cut off by Hermione.

"The Ministry is not reliable, and Dumbledore felt that it would be best if the news of Voldemort's return was kept quiet."

"Who is he to decide, the DMLE should know about this!" Tonks said indignantly.

"Miss Bones knows. She had approached the Minister numerous times to bolster the Auror ranks and increase funding, but was rebuffed every time. She felt it necessary to not inform him about Voldemort." Hermione countered Tonks's statement.

"Why not?" Tonks asked.

"Fudge is an incompetent and corrupt leader. Tell me Tonks, do you really believe that the Death Eaters that were caught in the First War, the ones who claimed to be acting under the Imperius, were innocent? Even Malfoy?" Hermione asked the pink haired Auror.

"And how do you know about that? The Trials of the Wizengamot are not public knowledge." Tonks replied.

"I'm not a civilian Tonks. I am a member of the Order." Hermione stated, a bit of pride entering her tone.