#8 * Anything You Can Do...

Requested by Gangsterdog07

Based on 'Anything you can do' from 'Annie get your gun'.
------------------------------

"Anything you can do, I can do better." Athena grinned.

Poseidon shook his head.

"I highly doubt that."

"Why is that?" The wisdom goddess asked, leaning against a column in one of Olympus' many marble hallways.

"Urm because you're Athena? And I'm Poseidon and I'm... Mhm what's the word? 'Better'? Yeah I believe that's it." The sea God chuckled.

"I think the word you were searching for is 'worse'."

"How would you know?"

"Call it a hunch." The grey eyed goddess smirked.

"Well in that case, I challenge you to create a tidal wave." Poseidon said, his sea green eyes glowing with a mischievous light.

"You come up with a strategy that beats mine then." The wisdom goddess replied as a golden glow rippled across her eyes.

"That's not fair." The sea god muttered.

"Neither is making me create a tidal wave."

"Are you two still at it?!" Apollo asked annoyed, standing in the doorway that lead to his room.

To his misfortune the sea god and wisdom goddess had chosen his hallway as their current spot to bring their rivalry back to life.

Poseidon raised his hands in denial and Athena just shrugged. Neither seemed to care very much about the sun god's peace and tranquility.

"Can't you two take this anywhere else?" He asked, tired of all the bickering.

"And go where?" Poseidon asked in return.

"Anywhere that is not here." Apollo replied in a monotone voice.

"If he admits I'm better." Athena said pointing at Poseidon.

"What?!" The sea god exclaimed.

"You just had to didn't you?" Apollo grumbled to his sister.

"I can't help it he can't see the facts." The wisdom goddess said, raising her shoulders.

"The fact that I'm the better one?" Poseidon said in a defensive tone.

"In what book has it ever said that you're better than me?" Athena retorted.

"You always say 'don't believe everything you read'." The sea god bit back.

"Unless it's an actual fact, kelp for brains!" The daughter of Zeus called out.

"Okay enough!" Apollo interrupted.

"You both think you're so good at everything, let's settle it. You two are making a pie. You get two hours to impress me. If I find out you bought a pie, just to please me, I will give bragging rights of being the best to the other. You bake and you prove you're the best. Go!" He thundered.

Both Athena and Poseidon ran through the hallway in the direction of the kitchen, trying ellbowing the other out of the way.

"I should've stayed with my mom." Apollo grumbled.

Slowly he followed the pair down the hall to keep an eye on them. To make sure Olympus wouldn't be without a kitchen and all that.

When Apollo reached the kitchen a little after his sister and uncle he was mind blown. In the 10 minutes it took him to get here there was already flour everywhere.

Athena's usually dark waves of hair we're suspiciously white and little piles of flour were on her shoulders, leading her brother to believe she got a batch of flour poured over her head. Poseidon was muttering something about how salt stings in your eyes.

"What's the problem? Suddenly not that big a fan of salt anymore?" The daughter of Zeus teased.

"How did you-?!?! No. No. I don't even want to know." The Sun god started, but stopped himself.

Athena herself wisely avoided his gaze and Poseidon whistled a tune while trying to look innocent.

For a while Apollo watched them mess around with ingredients, dough and what not. It actually amused him to see his sister complain about dough that got stuck in her nails.

The woman was a war goddess, but fates forbid a little dough got stuck where the blood should be. Athena argued that the sensation of dough was way stickier and thicker than blood, thus more grose. Apollo agreed to disagree.

Poseidon for once actually kept to himself. He seemed very focused on the pie he was making. Almost as if he was pouring his heart and soul into the sweet treat.

Soon enough the pies came out of the oven. The sweet scent filled the air and hit the noses of the three gods. They placed the two pies on the counter.

Poseidon was up first. Apollo cut into the pie and placed a slice on a plate. He took a bite and...

Almost immediately spit it all back out.

"What the hell man?!" He exclaimed looking at Poseidon.

"Why so much salt?"

"What? I swear I only used a pinch of-"

Athena couldn't contain her laughter.

"You switched them didn't you?" The sea god's monotone voice asked.

"Who will tell?" The wisdom goddess chuckled, trying to calm down.

"Alright, now Athena's pie." Apollo said.

He took a knife and tried to cut into it. Key point, tried. He did not succeed. He took the pie and it's shape and let it drop in the floor. The pie shape broke, the pie itself remained in tact.

"What did you make this with? Concrete?" Apollo asked in pure disappointment.

Poseidon roared with laughter. He didn't even do anything to the pie, she screwed that one up all by herself.

"Nicely done." He chuckled.

Apollo started walking out. He'd seen and heard enough for the day.

"Wait Apollo! Who won?" Athena called after him.

"Neither, you both suck at making pie. You both lose!" He yelled over his shoulder.

------------------------------

Hey Gangsterdog07

I'm so sorry it took me so long to write and publish this short. You asked for it a while ago, but I haven't forgotten. On contrary to what we discussed it became a light hearted short. Something small and petty, but funny and messy. I hope you like it none the less. Happy reading and I'm very sorry for the wait.

- Athena