#5 * Law And Order

Request by Gangsterdog07

------------------------------

Athena paced around her room. She was nervous. She felt like the suit she was wearing was suffocating her. She needed to remind herself not to dig her hands in her hair. She had to look flawless.

Behind her the door to her room opened. Her lawyer, Dike, stepped inside.

"Hey." She said with a gentle smile.

"Hi." The wisdom goddess responded, sounding more like someone was strangeling her.

"Nervous?" Dike grinned.

She just nodded.

"It's okay. It's not everyday a god or goddess fights for custody of a demigod. We'll do everything in our power to get Annabeth home."

'Bring her home.'

Yes, Athena liked the sound of that. She sighed. This day just needed to end alright. 

"Also I might have some bad news." Dike started. 

If the wisdon goddess had felt relief a moment ago Dike sure knew how to squash it.

"Which is?" 

"So urm... There's no good way to say this so I'm just going to tell it to you straight. Poseidon is going to be Frederick's lawyer in the immortal court." The young goddess of justice stated. 

The only thing that showed Dike was slightly nervous to go up against the sea god was the slight hint of hesitation in her voice. Other than that there was not a single thing that would tell you she was very nervous herself.

"What?!" Athena exclaimed as her eyes flared with a golden light. 

"Easy, easy. I know it's not ideal, but we can do this. This doesn't change anything. It was never going to be easy anyway." Dike reasoned.

"Besides, there's nothing we can do about it now anyways. Let's get to the courtroom. It's time."

Not long after the wisdom goddess found herself sitting at a table in front of the immortal judge Themis. To her right she could see Frederick and Helen sitting at a table with Poseidon. They seemed to be going over the last details.

"Why is it always a Helen?" Athena muttered to no one in particular.

"Alright meeting is in session." Themis said, asking for attention.

"We have prosecutor Pallas Athena, asking for custody of the demigoddess Annabeth Chase. The defendant is Frederick Chase, mortal father of the girl." She continued.

"Athena you may start. Why do you want custody of this young girl?"

The wisdom goddess breathed in and out for a second, steadying her voice and grounding herself. No more hesitation or nervousness. Now only confidence could be seen.

"In the time my daughter has been working our beloved city with me we have gotten very close. Up to the point where she confided in me and told me she is not happy with her mortal family. In fact she feels neither her father or step-mother are willing to give her the attention she deserves as a person." She stated.

The daughter of Zeus glanced towards Dike, who had a small encouraging smile on her face. Then she glanced to the people sitting behind her. Amongst them was Annabeth, holding onto Percy's hand like it was her lifeline. In all honesty, he probably was.

"Frederick, why do you think Athena isn't within her right to ask for custody of your daughter?" Themis asked.

Poseidon placed a steady hand on Frederick's shoulder. His eyes glinted, as if he already knew he'd won.