• chapter 7 •

Tuesday, October 22nd 2019

Since your last shoot with Melo, you had been busy with many other shoots and sending out photos you had finished editing within the weeks span. You were getting faster and better at photoshopping now. It's helped you get your income up and save more money.

You also had not seen Melo since the shoot. He has been so busy with basketball and you were busy as well, finally getting around to editing his photos.

The two of you went back and fourth over text after the shoot about him paying you. You insisted that he should not after his extremely large payment the first time around. He would not take that as an answer. He was being playful with it now because every day since then, he sent you $10.00 with his signature emojis attached to it.

You: Melo!!!!!

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: I'm not arguing
Apple Pay: $10
Take it
$5 get you a coffee today too.😊

You: Melo seriously, you didn't have to.

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: you work hard on what you're passionate about every single day. You deserve it.

You: 🥺🥺🥺
Stop
I can't say no to that
Zero self control

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: then don't say no😊😊

You: you'll see your photos soon I'm almost done 😊

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: don't sweat it, no rush.

You: thanks for understanding and thanks for your support😊 good luck tonight!

Melo🛸🕺🏾💯: thank youuu camera girl 🕺🏾💕

Oddly enough, you and actually began gaining more interest in basketball. You began keeping up with Charlotte Hornets games and watching them when you had the chance.

Meanwhile, Tristan told you last week he was planning a surprise for you today and after begging him for days to tell you what it is, he still would not tell you. You accepted your fate and waited, truly not having any idea what he was doing for you.

You got ready for him to pick you up and when he finally did, you were still side eyeing him, unsure of what the surprise was as he swore you were getting closer and closer to the destination.

"Okay we're almost here, close your eyes." He demanded.

"Right now right now?"

"Yes! Quick, do it," he laughed.

"Okay fine," you yell back while quickly using both hands to cover up your face.

A couple minutes went by and you began to tap your foot, wanting so desperately to just see.

"Okay... open them now," he says.

You uncover your eyes to see you were parked in front of the Humane Society of Charlotte.

"You're kidding-wait."

"No, Let's go get your kitten."

"Oh my God Tristan-"

You rush out of the car and rush to go through the doors. Nothing mattered anymore except getting your hands on a furry friend.

There were so many animals. You made you way to the cat section. You admired the cats of all ages. They were all in tiny compartments with nothing but water and a bed set out for them. It was sad knowing they were all there for different reasons. Knowing that all of them might not have a chance at a forever home.

You looked at Tristan with tears beginning to form in your eyes.

"Don't cry," he chuckled.

"But look at them," you whined while poking your lip out. There were cats of all different ages and breeds. You continued to scan all of your options.