nine

an alarm started beeping catching everyone's attention.

"oh no. my god." phastos said panicked as sersi ran back into the room.

"what about the uni-mind?" she asked watching the bracelets phastos had been working on.

"i haven't figured out a way to connect us, but i'm close." phastos said panicked as everyone stood up. "i'm very very close."

eris stayed seated next to druig with crossed legs. druig sensed her anxiety and pressed a hand onto her knee.

"how much longer?" sersi pushed making phastos snap.

"i don't know sersi!" he yelled as she left the room and handed makkari a device. "find the point of emergence."

within a blink of an eye makkari was gone. eris frowned slightly at the thought of pietro. he saved her in sokovia and she never got to thank him for it. as she waited for makkari to return she looked over to thena who was stood looking at a painting. she could feeling thenas anger in her mind and knew exactly what she wanted.

"you always knew the end was coming." eris said walking up to thena. "it must be a relief."

"that deviant is still tracking us." thena said softly barely glancing her direction. eris frowned knowing what she meant.

"revenge doesn't always bring peace." eris whispered as thena looked in her direction. as if she read eris's mind she finished her thought.

"but killing it might." thena said smirking in eris's direction. eris smirked back and winked at thena.

"don't encourage her." druig scolded from across the room making eris giggle. she walked back over to him and smiled.

"you have quite an interesting family." she joked snatching a twinkie from the box in his hand. he grinned at her with his mouth full and nodded his head.

ikaris marched into the lab making everyone look into his direction.

"i'm close to figuring it out." phastos said proudly but ikaris shot at him with his beams. everyone stood up including eris and druig. druig noticed her balled up fist as if she was ready to fight.

"boss what are you doing?" kingo exclaimed as he walked up to ikaris.

"i've let this go on long enough." ikaris said as sersi ran in behind him.

"don't hurt him!" she yelled helping phastos up. "he lied to us. he already knew about the emergence."

eris looked up to druig with a small frown. she could feel ikaris's guilt and wondered if druig could see into his mind too.

"no. he didn't." kingo said in disbelief. the tension in the room was thick and eris was ready to make a move if she needed to. one thing hydra taught her was to always be on high alert.

"ajak told me everything when we left babylon." ikaris said as everyone stared in disbelief.

"what?" kingo muttered watching ikaris in confusion.

"you were never going to let us stop the emergence." eris said catching ikaris attention.

"no. i only wanted to protect you from the deviants." he said looking back to sersi. she stared at him slightly shaking her head.

"if ajak wanted you to take her place, why did she choose me?" sersi asked and ikaris just stared back at her. "what have you done?"

in ikaris's weak moment eris could see into his mind. she shook her head at the memory that played out. druig must have noticed and put the pieces together.