CHAPTER 18: CAN'T KEEP MY HANDS OFF OF YOU

okay, i cannot decide on a ship name. their names are so hard to combine. like jilli for jake and lilli is so obvious, but how the fuck do u mix arabella and samuel? they are not meant to be together.......... maybe its foreshadowing?
TW: slight mention of miscarriage, half smut? like very calm sexual energy
-------------------------------------------------------------------

It had been a month since the night I found Lilli, and since we discovered the fate of her baby. It hadn't gotten better for Lilli and Jake, just easier. They were always there for each other, caring for and loving their partner when they needed it most. Lilli didn't let the loss of one child distract from the excitement of two. She grieved her baby every day, but at the same time; prepared for 3 months that Jake would be gone on tour, and prepared for her twins to come into the world. She was showing a bit now, her baby bump and her glowing skin made her even more beautiful than she already was, and there was not a single person who wasn't excited.

As for Sam and I, it had been rough. We didn't know how to live without one another, but we also didn't know how to live simultaneously without constantly fighting. Last week, we got into a fight because I was spending too much time with Jake, and fought a week prior to that because I hadn't apologized to Josh for using him. It was hard; we wanted each other so bad that our emotions towards each other came out in anger. We'd been trying all week not to fight leading up to today as I had officially lost my job a few days prior, and he knew how fucked up I was about it.

"Hey, find any postings?" Sam asked from the doorway of his bathroom. I was sitting on his bed scrolling through jobs whilst he showered, waiting for Lilli and Jake to swing by for dinner.

"N-no," I stuttered, completely infatuated with the God of a man standing in front of me. His long hair dangled in his face, dripping water down his chest and to the edge of the towel loosely hung around his waist. He so knew what he was doing.

"Hm," he chuckled, noticing my state of awe, "well keep looking. I'm sure there's something." He said after a minute of standing there, a cocky smile dawning his face as he walked away to blow dry. God, the things this man did to me.

I know I said it was hard with Sam and me, but the hardest thing was not making it sexual. We chatted after I kissed him in the hospital, and I told him that we couldn't be more than friends. He agreed, but that didn't mean that we didn't want to fuck each other every second of every day.

He walked out of his bathroom in a pair of sweatpants and laid on the bed next to me, tracing my back as he watched my computer screen aimlessly.

"Have you talked to Josh yet?" He questioned out of the blue.

"No, he's pretty avoidant right now. I don't want to press."

"Bel, you have to talk to him. I like when you hang out here, but it's always so awkward. Just chat with him, okay?" He responded. I shut my computer screen and turned around to face him, leaning on my elbows just a few inches away from his face.

"Why are you being so nice about this all of a sudden? You were so mad the last time we chatted." I chuckled. He rolled over so he was fully facu=ing me and brushed the hair out of my face.

"Cause' I know it was a mistake, and cause' I don't like fighting with you."

"Me either. I'll talk to him after dinner, okay?" I said. He smiled and nodded, grabbing my computer and putting music on. He pulled me down to lay with him, placing me on his chest.

"I like this song. What is it?" I questioned after a couple of minutes of comfortable silence.

"You don't know this song?" He gasped, being as overdramatic as he could be.

"No," I laughed, "but it's good!"

"Of course it is. It's Crosby, Stills, Nash, and Young. They're the pioneers of blues-rock, you uncultured swine."

I gently swatted his arm, gasping in a mocking tone.

"Whatever. Says the guy who doesn't know a single Rainbow Kitten Surprise song," I laughed. He chuckled and we resumed our peaceful quiet. I let my leg sling over his waist and pulled a blanket over us, allowing comfort to console our every worry.

I shifted in my spot after a couple of minutes of our nap and he softly groaned, abruptly grabbing my leg and pushing it away from his waist.

"Samuel Francis Kiszka..... Are you seriously hard right now?" I asked in disbelief.

"No, but I will be if you keep moving around like that." He laughed, shifting so my thigh was closer to his calf than his groin.

I let my hand trail across his abdomen, softly tracing up to his chest.

"Bella, what are you doing?" He whispered.

"Just admiring," I lied, knowing what my touch did to him. He grabbed my wrist suddenly, pinning it above my head and leaning over me.

"Stop playing games." he murmured, "You know how bad I want you."

I kept my other hand by the waistband of his pants, tucking my thumb underneath and snapping the elastic of his underwear back against his skin, gently kissing his neck before quickly pulling away.

"Payback," I whispered as he stayed still, trying to control his breath.

"For what?" He sighed, hesitantly letting go of my wrists and laying back down next to me.

"That little bathroom stunt you pulled earlier? 'Oh, look at me, Bella. I just got out of the shower and I'm all wet.'" I said in a mocking tone. He laughed, pulling my head back into his chest.

"You're objectifying me, but I like it," he joked.

"Good, I try to make you like the things I say."

"I do. I like everything about you actually,"  he whispered, nuzzling into my neck. I turned my head and placed a soft kiss on his temple, relishing in the moment like I'd been waiting for his affection for an eternity.

We laid there in the dark for nearly 30 minutes, enjoying each other in our wake. His chest moved slowly up and down and his lashes fluttered against my cheek, but I knew he wasn't asleep; he wouldn't waste a moment like this to be nocturnal.

"We're here!" I heard Lilli shout from the living room after the door slammed shut. Sam jumped a bit at the sudden noise and I laughed, looking at the normally stone-cold boy as he feared the noise of a door slamming shut.

"Shut the fuck up. I was zen," he said, glaring at me as I continued to laugh at him. 

Neither of us moved from our comfortable spot, even through me mocking him, and even as we heard the sounds of our friends chatting in the kitchen. 

"Sam," I sighed, picking his arm up off my waist. He resisted me, pulling himself closer to my body. "Sam, we have to go."

"No, we don't. I like it in here, we get to be us in here." He murmured as if we were some forbidden love.

"Yeah, but we can also be us out there. You just can't-"

He moved his hand to my butt, gently squeezing.

"-do that." I finished. 

"Fine."

He sat up hesitantly and fixed his hair, grabbing a shirt from the floor and putting it on. He passed me a sweater, considering I was only in a sports bra, and stood up. I followed suit, trailing behind him as we reluctantly made our way to the kitchen for the one, the only; Kiszka Family Dinner.