Chapter 25: 'An Unexpected Visit'

Start from the beginning

Daniel had caught you. 

He had this look in his eyes that screamed 'protective' and 'bloodthirsty'. You could only stand frozen in fear, afraid that one wrong move could result in your demise. You waited and waited until he finally calmed down and slowly lifted the gun away from you, an annoyed and pissed look spreading across his face as he did so. 

"Oh, it's you." He grumbled as he put the gun on the coffee table next to the couch. 

You were about to say something when the baby started crying. Daniel's demeanor completely changed and he began to freak out as he turned around quickly and picked the baby up. You could only watch with your mouth wide open in shock as he began consoling the small child. 

He softly began to shush the baby while bouncing it lightly. He held it close to his chest and patted its back. Daniel seemed to forget that you were right in front of him at the moment, all of his attention was on the precious baby in his arms. 

"Shhh shhh, it's okay Noah, I got you..." He whispered giving the baby a soft kiss on the head, a smile spreading across his face as the baby calmed down, burying its head into Daniel's chest. "Thank God, your mother would have killed me." He sighed out, his facial expression changing as a sudden click and fash sounded off in the office. You had taken a picture with a Faz cam.

"Beautiful." You grinned, holding out the polaroid taken from the camera. 

"You're lucky that I'm holding a baby right now or you'd be on the floor." Daniel deadpanned, glaring at you. 

"Ignoring that- WHAT'S WITH THE BABY!?" 

"Would you shut up!? You'll make him cry again!" 

"Oh right..." You winced at yourself looking at the baby in the man's arms. "Soooo, uh, that yours?" You pointed at the child.

"Who's asking?" He rose a brow. 

"Uh, me?" 

"Then I plead the fifth." He smirked, walking over to his desk and sitting down. 

"Well, then I guess you don't mind if I hold him huh?" You smirked, holding your arms out.

"You put your sinful hands on my nephew and I'll make sure you can never work again." He hissed at you, facing the baby away from you.  

"So he isn't yours? You have siblings?" 

"Yes and yes." He deadpanned. "Now leave before I-" 

Daniel was cut off when a rhythmic knock came from the door, causing the man to stiffen in place. You were surprised when Daniel suddenly ducked underneath his desk. 

"Wha? What on Earth are you doing?" You questioned. 

"Y/n open the door slowly and tell me if there is a 5'0 man on the other side." he whispered. 

"That's, oddly specific..."

"Just do it!" He hissed. 

"Alright! Alright!" You groaned as you made your way over to the door and slowly creak it open. And sure enough, there was a man of smaller stature on the other side. He had cute little button eyes and a bright smile. "Uh hello there, can I help you?" 

"Hello there!" He greeted. "Is a man by the name Daniel Grayson here?" He asked. 

"Um, give me one second sir." You pursed your lips together as you lightly closed the door. "Uh, Daniel, you were right, there's a cute short man with beady eyes looking for you."

"Dammit!" Daniel growled. 

"How did know it was going to be him?" 

"Only he would knock like a dad visiting his friend's house to watch the SuperBowl." He deadpanned in response.