Chapter 9 - The Blacksmith

Start from the beginning

People are mixture of good and bad. Some are leaning to the good side, some other are leaning to the bad side. In this neutral country where all kinds of folks can gather—from humans to intelligent monsters; from civilians to nobles—we cannot expect everyone being nice to us. There will always be those fools who'd try to make a fuss and chaos.

I don't want something bad happens to us, so I raise my [Universal Perception]'s level of attention to the perceived surroundings. This way, I can be fully aware of everything that happens behind me—especially to Ciel-san—within the minimum radius of five metres.

Well, if anyone ever dares to threaten us, we can just finish him or her with one snap of fingers. But it's not how we deal with things. Moreover, killing someone recklessly in front of guards and other people in the queue will leave a terrible impression. We might lose Dwargon's trust before we even gain it this time.

...

"Hey, pretty missy." A sinister voice is heard.

It seems my hunch is correct, after all. I stay in my place doing nothing. Let's just wait for what will happen next.

"Why don't you go with us?" says another voice.

My expression darkens as soon as I hear those words. The way they're talking shows a very clear hostility. The fact that those words aren't directed at me but at Ciel-san behind me irritates me so much.

I have no need to turn my head since everything is already clear with my [Universal Perception], so those two ugly-faced thugs haven't realized yet that I've been watching them since the very start.

"I'm sorry," answers Ciel-san with an annoyed tone. "I have no reason to go with you."

"Oh, dare to answer, eh, missy?" says the owner of the first voice. "You can make a great partner in b—"

The moment I see his hand trying to touch Ciel-san while saying such disgusting thing, I finally snap. I take a quick step back, turning around, and violently push his hand away, forcing him to step back.

"Don't you dare lay your filthy hand on my partner..." I bellow.

"Whoa, whoa, watch your tongue!" he shouts back. "Who do you think you're talking to?!"

"You really think weak girls like you can beat us?!" his companion exclaims.

"I don't know who you are," I say, my chin slightly raised, "but you look so weak to me."

"What are you saying?"

"You will regret this in your whole life!"

They both unsheathe their swords and point them at us. All people in the queue turn their attention to this charade and get terrified.

Crap, this would mean that we won't get away from interrogation later on. Ah, how troublesome! It's a good thing that I didn't unconsciously leak out my aura, so we can still get away from detention, at least.

They both charge at us and swing their swords angrily. Their technique is really dull, to be honest. Apart from their technique, their blades are also dull.

Hah, what a joke is this.

I and Ciel-san are just nonchalantly dodging their slashes. After enough playing, I grab the blades of their swords with my bare hand when they are going to stab me together.

""Impossible!"" they shout in disbelief. They're shocked by how my hands don't even take a scratch from taking those somewhat ferocious stabs with bare hands.

"Now, who do you think should watch their tongue?" I say calmly, making them eat their own words. "It is you, jerks."

I forcefully bend their swords, instantly breaking the blades in half. Not only that, the force given by my hands is able to throw them two metres away onto the ground.