Chapter 12

<><><><><>
Arashi's eyes fluttered open, only to have them narrow as the bright sun shone pridefully into his green orbs. He sat up, brushing a strand of his thin hair behind his ear. He had been laying on a miniature hill, covered with the softest of grass. Birds sang their sweet songs, twittering to and fro. There were evergreen trees behind him and in front, where there was a shining sliver of a gentle stream rolling past—clear as glass. He looked around. The sky was periwinkle blue, not a cloud in sight. In the distance there was mountains—no snow, just their beautiful natural look.

He found himself smiling. His legs were out in front of him, hands on either sides, and was wearing the same clothes as yesterday. Only, there was something different about this place. It was too.. happy. Too green. The sky was too blue. Although absolutely perfect.. it seemed fake.

"Arashi, my love."

Arashi sharply turned his head, only to see no one. He looked around frantically, desperately even. He knew that voice. He knew it.

"I'm here, Arashi. Right here."

And that was when he saw her. A woman. His woman. She had appeared, sitting on her knees right in front of him, with that gorgeous smile. She was very beautiful, and had wavy brown hair that was as dark as tree bark and sparkling brown eyes. Round pink lips and rosy cheeks. Fair skin and long lashes, and a kind, fragile face. Arashi jumped into her arms, sobbing quicker before he could even think straight. He stuffed his face into her neck, and weakly gripped the clothes she had been wearing the day she died.

She rubbed circles into his back, whispering hushes as Arashi wept into her shoulder. "M-Myra.." he wailed. She pressed a kiss to his cheek as a false yet gentle gust of wind blew past them. Myra ran her fingers through her husband's hair, mumbling sweet nothings into his ear as he wrapped his shaking fingers around her waist. Arashi hiccuped and breathed in her scent, the scent he had forgotten after so long. She smelled like lavender. It only sent more tears to his eyes.

He tightened his grip on her, and she gently hugged him back, pressing continuous and loving kisses to his temple as they just melted in each other's arms for a few long, relieving moments.

"Arashi..." Myra whispered, he sniffed and pressed his cheek to her shoulder, breathing slowly. He didn't answer, so she gently pulled him away just enough for their eyes to meet, Arashi's were filled to the brim with tears. She smiled sadly and took his face in her hands, wiping away his tears with her thumbs. "Don't cry, Arashi." she said softly. Arashi painfully bit back the rest of his tears as her fingers glided slowly over his cheekbones, cupping them.

He looked into her face, into the woman he wished was right beside him everyday. When he woke up she would've been there, they would've eaten together, went to bed together... like they had years before.

But seeing her beautiful eyes, her smile, her face, her hair, long and flowing down her back, it pained him all over again. "Myra.." he whispered, his voice shaking like an arrow on a quiver. She smiled at him, her pink lips turning upward. "Yes?" she asked, stroking his brown hair. Arashi brushed away the water in his eyes, sighing.

"I need you back, please." he said desperately. He took her hands, they were soft and smooth like always. "I can't do this anymore—it's been too long, Myra."

Myra's smile dropped at the hopelessness in his voice. She thinned her lips and looked her spouse in the eye, her head shaking so very slowly. "I can't, Arashi. You know I can't." she said sadly, and Arashi felt his eyes burn as he choked back a sob, looking down at his lap in desperation.

"I wish I could, my love. I really do." Myra said with a sad look, sweeping her thin fingers over his lips and jaw. "There's nothing I wouldn't do to be with you and our little girl again. Nothing."