Talia rolls her eyes, and we all look over to the couch. Harry looks up from his phone to glare at Niall. He then turns his phone off and stands up. Grabbing his keys off the coffee table, he walks towards the foyer.

He didn't even say anything.

He doesn't seem to be excited. I mean, I can't blame him. His friend he brought with him is all over his sister. Also, I'm sure Niall will be all over me tonight. Harry probably feels like an extreme third wheel.

-

In the passenger seat, I look over to Harry's hands on the steering wheel. He seems extremely focused on the road, probably to avoid conversation. I glance back out of my window to see how pretty downtown is at night.

"Did you get home okay last night?" Harry asks. I grin.

Looking over, I reply, "Yes, thank you."

I look into the rear view mirror and lock eyes with Niall. He is silent in the back seat, squished beside Louis and Talia. Their giggling is getting quite annoying.

"Stop pinching me!" Talia screams. Louis laughs.

Harry and I both reach to turn the music volume up at the same time, and our hands unexpectedly meet. The coldness of his rings felt like ice on my skin. I jerk my hand back, and he turns the knob filling the car with the sound of The Neighborhood.

I guess he thought they were annoying too.

I think of the city when I hear The Neighborhood. Sadness fills my head thinking of my friends back at school. I can't wait to go back.

I start to sing out the lyrics, but just quiet enough to barely hear. Softcore is an iconic song. Just as I'm about to sing out the chorus, I look over to Harry saying the lyrics with his eyes still glued to the road, "Sharing my heart, it's tearing me apart, but I know I'd miss you baby if I left right now."

-

I hold hands with Talia as we walk into the bar together. The bar is completely filled. The whole place is roaring with conversation and rock music. Seats at the bar are fully taken up, and multiple people standing around are trying to lean over and get the bartender's attention.

I look around the dining room to find that most tables were filled. The spiral staircase in the corner of the dining room led to an open second floor, which looked over the bar and dining tables. I could see people on the second floor playing pool.

Niall leans into my ear from behind me and says, "I'm gonna go get a drink." before walking towards the bar.

Wow. Thanks for the offer, I didn't want a drink anyway...

Still holding Talia's hand, I lean in and say, "We should get a pool table upstairs." Talia grins. She walks forward, pulling my hand. I look back to Harry and Louis and motion for them to follow.

We make it up the staircase, and walk into the pool room. There were two open tables, and Talia claimed the one in the corner.

I take off my purse along with my jacket and set it on the corner stool. I walk over to the end of the table and lay out the balls onto the table.

"I guess Harry can fill in for Niall?" Talia asks.

I nod, and look over to Harry. His eyes lock with mine. He grins. His dimples show the most when he does that. I feel the pit in my stomach grow deeper.

Our exchange was interrupted suddenly by a server. She was our age, and was wearing a tight black mini dress paired with large pumps. Her name tag read the name Georgia. "Hey guys! Welcome to Moxie's, what can I get you started to drink?" She started before looking at Harry, "Oh, welcome back! Didn't get enough last night Harry?"

Last night?

Harry laughs before saying "Hey Georgia. Get me my usual."

Georgia grins, and I notice her cheeks redden as she scribbles his order on her waitress book.

"Okay, whiskey on the rocks for Harry," she says before glancing back at Harry. Again.

"Make that two." Louis says from the other side of the pool table. He's sitting on a stool with Talia leaning her back on him, in between his legs. His arms are cuddled around her shoulders, and she looks so happy to be holding his hands.

The waitress turns to me. "Can I get 4 shots of Fireball, and a vodka soda with lime please?" I ask.

Harry scoffs. Louis pretends to gag. Talia gets up from Louis's lap. "Starting it off right Scarlett!" she screeches.

The waitress laughs. "Coming right up." She says before exchanging another look to Harry before walking away.

Back in high school, Talia and I always stole the fireball from my mom's cabinet. It was all we drank for a whole summer. That summer was a good one, and fireball always reminds me and Talia of it.

As I put the balls in order between the triangle, I see Talia from the corner of my eye stand beside me. "Let's have another great summer." she smiles.

Hours pass, and Harry and I are destroying Louis and Talia at pool. Louis was too drunk to shoot accurately, and Talia seemed to be getting annoyed. They beat me the first time, because Niall missed every single shot when he filled in for Harry. Now, Niall sat on one of the stools chatting up Georgia, the waitress.

I lean over to shoot my shot. I focus my eyes to corner pocket the brown stripe. Once I shot it into the pocket, I looked up to Harry to see his smirk once again. I then walk around the table and bend over for the eight ball. Taking a deep breath, I shoot. I miss the shot entirely, and the eight ball bounces to the other side of the table.

Harry and I look over to Louis and Talia making out, not even noticing that I missed. Harry rolls his eyes and bends over to aim. The ball shoots straight into the corner pocket.

"Now, that's how you do it Scarlett." He chuckles.

-

𝙥𝙡𝙯 𝙫𝙤𝙩𝙚 𝙖𝙣𝙙 𝙘𝙤𝙢𝙢𝙚𝙣𝙩 𝙤𝙣 𝙝𝙤𝙬 𝙞𝙢 𝙙𝙤𝙞𝙣𝙜! 𝙞𝙩𝙨 𝙝𝙖𝙧𝙙 𝙩𝙤 𝙜𝙚𝙩 𝙣𝙤𝙩𝙞𝙘𝙚𝙙! 𝙖𝙡𝙨𝙤 𝙙𝙢 𝙢𝙚 𝙬𝙞𝙩𝙝 𝙖𝙣𝙮 𝙛𝙚𝙚𝙙𝙗𝙖𝙘𝙠! 𝙣𝙚𝙭𝙩 𝙘𝙝𝙖𝙥𝙩𝙚𝙧 𝙞𝙨 𝙚𝙭𝙘𝙞𝙩𝙞𝙣𝙜 𝙗𝙩𝙬;)
𝕒𝕧𝕒<𝟛